Hairdressing Apprenticeship Arena
Arena Hair Salon are looking to take on an apprentice to join their team in Plymouth.
Closing date: 18 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
16 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Throughout your level 2 apprenticeship you will learn the basics of hairdressing and work with clients to build your confidence and communication skills.
You will undertake many duties which will include meeting and greeting clients, shampooing and removing colour, conditioning, drying and styling hair. With a combination of off-the-job training and on-site support within the workplace, you will learn many new hairdressing skills which you will be able to put into practice within the salon. This will support you to gain confidence to use your imagination and new skills to create different hairdressing styles.
The successful apprentice will learn the technique of scalp massages when washing clients hair in preparation for the stylists. You will also learn how to interact with clients throughout this process to meet the individual requirements of clients.
You will learn many new skills including being able to colour, set and style hair practising on models throughout your training. Salons are becoming more reliant on technology to communicate with their clients, and to promote their salon services, styling team and latest offers, you will develop your skills to use social networks in a safe and professional way.
Throughout each day you will assist in keeping the salon clean and tidy, following all company processes and procedures, including health and safety in the workplace and making sure that all the equipment used is put back in its rightful place. This will help the salon run more smoothly and efficiently.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful applicant will need to have a passion for hairdressing they must also have good communication skills and confidence to speak comfortable to new people.
- Great leadership skills, organisation and confidence.
- Ability to work under pressure, as well as good problem solving skills and flexibility.
- You will need to have a passion for hairdressing and creativity, along with good communication skills, which are essential as you will be in direct contact with customers.
- Qualifications desirable for this role include A-E in English and Maths or the equivalent such as functional skills, but not essential as having the enthusiasm and a willingness to succeed are more important.
About the employer
The Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing.
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1).
- Emergency First Aid.
- Certified Health and Safety Course.
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding.
Some aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site and you will have regular visits every 2 to 4 weeks from your designated assessor from Skills Group, who will monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As part of your apprenticeship you will be expected to attend college one day per week, where you will improve upon your knowledge and practical skills.
As an additional qualification, Skills Group will help you achieve your Emergency First Aid and Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Sep 2017