1st Line IT Support Analyst Solved It (Uk) Ltd
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Solved IT based in Altrincham, Greater Manchester.
Closing date: 17 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Dec 2017
15 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
In this role your duties and responsibilities will include:
- You will provide 1st line IT support; answering support queries via ‘phone and email.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To log all calls on the call logging system
- Maintenance of Active Directory
- Support clients and users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- To keep users and clients informed on the status and progress of faults.
- To allocate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member.
Requirements and prospects
- Infrastructure – Networking, Firewall, Routing
- Strong Customer Service skills and excellent telephone manner
- Strong communication skills in all forms including, written, oral, email, telephone and presentation
- Knowledge of Monitoring system notifications – Veeam, VMWare, Toshibas, etc
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Capable of hands on problem solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- A positive and determined approach
- Ability to use own initiative and play close attention to detail
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to priorities tasks
- Being Enthusiastic, Confident, Positive and Proactive is a must.
- Pleasant and friendly manner, empathy for customers.
- Ability to communicate to colleagues and customers of varying ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ambitious with an appetite to learn
- Minimum 5 GCSEs Grade C+ (including Maths)
- Computing related college qualification (if appropriate)
- A-Levels (Computing, Maths, Business Studies - if appropriate)
Things to consider
About the employer
Solved It (Uk) Ltd
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Advanced apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- Microsoft MTA - Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA – Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Scarlett Uttley 01133 500 333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 17 Nov 2017