Through our alternative education programmes and provision, we work with a range of primary, junior and secondary schools to support individuals with complex learning needs, psychological issues and behavioural issues.
Apprentice Teaching Assistant
THE GENESIS ACADEMY LIMITED
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm (1 Hours Lunch)
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
06 Mar 2017
15 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Through our alternative education programmes and provision, we work with a range of primary, junior and secondary schools to support individuals with complex learning needs, psychological issues and behavioural issues. Our Senior Leadership Team and experienced Tutors run the logistical and operational elements of our Thrive, Revelation and Really NEET Programme, however all staff play an active part in dictating the continuity and standards of our education programmes.
As a result, we are recruiting for a Teaching Assistance Apprentice (aged 16-24 years) who is passionate about education and people. You will provide support, advice, guidance and instruction to Students on a daily basis, and be an extended support network for Lead Tutors, responsible for assisting learning and behaviour management. Additionally, you will gain a Level 2/3 NVQ in Teaching Support, where you will attend Derby College for 3 hours per week.
Role Requirements (Working Hours 09:00-15:00 Daily)
- Managing small groups of individuals
- Responsible for providing behaviour management for individuals and groups
- General support for lead tutors
- Writing learner reports
Requirements and prospects
- Understanding and willingness to learn of the needs of students with behavioural problems, psychological issues and/or complex learning needs
- Experience of being actively involved or working with students and youth (youth groups, sports, education)
- Qualifications in teaching and/or mentoring advantageous
- Knowledge of SEN is advantageous
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- A strong communicator - able to provide advice, support, guidance and instruction to learners
- Good team worker
- Ability to build trust and rapport
- Able to provide support, delegation and advice (training provided)
5 GCSE's in English and Maths C or above (or equivalent).
After the apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to interview for a full time Teaching Assistant role (subject to performance).
Things to consider
You will be working with students who have special education needs, behavioural issues, mental health issues and learning disabilities. From 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
Alternative education provider, working with students who have special education needs, behavioural issues, mental health issues and learning disabilities.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Supported Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Technical Certificates
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derby College
Amy Stafford 01332 387420
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017