To support the Chesterfield Football Club Community Trust in a variety of roles but with special responsibilities in supporting the smooth operating of the Café and ‘Chester’s Den’ Children’s Play Centre.
Apprentice Play Centre Assistant
Chesterfield F C Community Trust
Closing date: 27 Feb 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.55 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £6.95 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
30-40 hours per week. These will involve regular weekend and evening work as these are the play centres busiest periods. Opening hours for the play centre are :- 9.30am – 6.30pm (Mon – Sat) 9.30am – 4.30pm (Sun)
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Mar 2017
14 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To support customers who are using the Café and Chester’s Den Play Centre.
- To support customers who are members of the Spireites Sports Clubs.
- To support customers who have room bookings.
- To ensure all income and expenditure is transparent and recorded correctly.
- To undertake work in a variety of departments and supporting the workforce in any reasonable way when appropriate.
- To assist both the Trust and its partners in using the power of football and the brand of Chesterfield FC to promote the aims of the Trust.
- To ensure the Trust’s Customer Care policy is maintained to a high level.
- To undertake any other administration duties as appropriate.
- To ensure that standards Hygiene and safety are maintained.
Requirements and prospects
- An understanding of Customer Service.
- Methodical approach.
- Experience working or volunteering with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Competent in the use of the Internet and using the Web for research.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Comfortable in working with a wide and diverse range of different people.
- Work well in a team.
- With support be able to deliver Social Media work on behalf of the Trust.
- Understand and be able to complete basic daily planning of tasks.
- Self-driven and motivated
- A clear drive to produce high quality work
- A natural forward planner who critically assess own performance
- An excellent communicator
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Good with Children
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children & Vulnerable Adults
- Emergency First Aid
- Basic Food Hygiene
Note: These qualifications are not necessary for initial employment but will be an essential part of the training the successful applicant will undertake.
Opportunity of full time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Evening & weekend work will be a regular feature of this role.
About the employer
Chesterfield FC Community Trust is independent to Chesterfield Football Club but works very closely together & shares many resources with the club. The trust is affiliated to the Football League and received accreditation in 2011. They provide a wide range of sporting, educational and community based activities in Chesterfield and across North East Derbyshire, Bolsover and parts of Derbyshire Dales. All of their projects and activities fall under one or more priority areas: • Sport and Physical Activity (including Football) • Education and Skills • Health and Well-being • Heritage • Play and Toddler Activities • Community Focus
NVQ level 2 in Customer service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Simon Bellamy email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2017