Warehouse Apprentice Miq Logistics Limited
Exciting opportunity to learn about the world of freight forwarding and warehousing with a global company based in Egham, Surrey. Great prospects for permanent job offer at the end of the Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
08 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
A Fantastic Opportunity has arisen for a hardworking and professional apprentice to work with us in the Warehouse department at MIQ.
Duties will include:
- To project a professional image at all times and maintain confidentiality outside, with regard to any sensitive information.
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues.
- Comply with all relevant operating procedures.
- To ensure the security and safekeeping of company property.
- To ensure all parcels sent by Courier are dispatched according to the correct legislation.
- Ensure all products arriving from suppliers are coded and accepted onto stock correctly using the system.
- To ensure that all incoming stock is received in good condition and that any damaged stock is recorded before being placed in the quarantine area
- To ensure that all freight are picked, scanned and packed efficiently for dispatch.
- To ensure the proper use of plant and equipment (i.e. fork lift, pallet truck, ladders).
- Ensure the handling & storage of goods in such a manner as to prevent damage & deterioration.
- Keep all stocks placed on the shelves are neat, tidy and relevant to location.
- To ensure that good housekeeping of the warehouse is maintained at all times.
- To comply with all Health & Safety legislation and company procedures.
- To participate in stocktaking as instructed by management.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by your Manager/Supervisor or deputy.
Requirements and prospects
Good level general administration skills
Ability to work in a busy environment
Able to meet the physical demands for warehouse type work i.e. lifting, moving boxes
Able to work well with others, sociable/approachable
About the employer
The candidate will complete an Apprenticeship within the agreed subject for the vacancy. This will include a QCF and possibly a Technical Certificate. It may also include Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT.
Warehousing and Storage
WEIR TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weir Training Ltd
Kerry Newton 01932 567626 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017