Quote Centre Assistant/Apprentice Avnet
Avnet Abacus, a business unit of Avnet Electronics Marketing EMEA, is a highly focused electronic component distributor, serving original equipment manufacturers and specializing in interconnect, passive, electromechanical and power supply products.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017
£151.88 - £264.38
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
26 Sep 2017
07 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An Apprenticeship with Avnet is a great way to learn while you earn. You will receive appropriate training, an experienced mentor and a recognised qualification at the end of your program.As part of this apprenticeship you will be expected to assist with:
Avnet are seeking a Quote Centre Apprentice to work in the Avnet Abacus Quote Centre Team. The team plays a critical role in the managing of pricing and Sales Gross Profit, thus ensuring that the Account Managers can sell at the right price and at the right profit in line with business expectations.
This placement would suit an individual with aspirations to undertake an Apprenticeship programme in the area of Business Administration and will be based at our office in Maidenhead.
The successful candidate will assist in the daily tasks related to all aspects of daily quoting activities and design registrations, whilst developing skills around:
- Communicating within a professional environment
- Managing & maintain detailed reports
- Running & analysing reports
Daily Tasks will include:
- Uploading design data into SAP system
- Uploading design data into supplier systems
- Helping to maintain pricing agreements
- Producing reports to help analyse Quote Team performance
- Processing of sample requests
- Creating and preparing customer quotes
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of business and IT systems.
- Good communication and reporting skills, both verbal and written.
- Mature, punctual and reliable with a positive attitude to work
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Confidence in using the telephone
- Well presented
5 x GCSEs at grade A- C (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Diploma in Business Administration,
- Functional Skills; Maths, English & ICT
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ATG Training
Nashrat Jabeen 01296 737835 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Sep 2017