L3 Health & Social Care Apprentice PURPLE PATCH PARTNERS LTD
To be part of a staff team providing high quality support and care to a male service user.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
06 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Applicants must be male and over 18 to support a male service user.
- To be part of a staff team providing high quality support and care to service user based on the Social Model of Disability.
- To enable and / or assist the service user to access community services.
- To support our service user and thereby enhance their quality of life.
- To encourage your service user’s individuality and independence.
- Helping your service user to maintain relationships with their peers, the wider community and familiar activities and surroundings.
- Providing social contact.
- Assisting other staff and professionals to provide support and care for your service user.
- Being the face of ‘Purple Patch’ and acting as our representative.
- Assisting with personal care and moving and handling of service user (only where specified on the care plan and subject to appropriate review).
- Promoting independence and providing activities.
- Working as a member of a team.
- Awareness of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Complete any necessary paperwork e.g. inputting on care plans, accident forms and incident forms.
- To support nominated Service User, at times directed by the Care Coordinators and management.
- To be particularly vigilant for signs of distress or anxiety in Service User; any deterioration in physical and /or mental health, or safety of the environment, and to report these as a matter of urgency to your manager or coordinator in their absence.
- To carry out all tasks in a way that demonstrates respect for the privacy, dignity and value of all users, irrespective of severity or disability or personal circumstances.
- To summon appropriate assistance in an emergency. All actions should sustain, support and enhance the independence of Service Users, as specified in their care plan.
- Assist Service User in feeding.
- Assist Service User to access toilet facilities using agreed health and safety procedures.
- Encourage Service User to maximise their own abilities and skills.
- Where directed, maintain cleanliness of Purple Patch, to meet with health and safety requirements.
- Undertake essential shopping, payment of bills and attendance of appointments.
- Actively encourage Service User, according to their capabilities, to participate in all aspects of daily living activities.
- Develop and maintain personal contact with the Service User through talking and listening.
- Provide support as part of a caring team, liaising with informal carers, other agencies or professionals as necessary.
- Assist the management to maintain good relationships with other personnel involved in the support and care of the Service User, i.e. Community Nurses, Social Workers, G.P's, etc., as part of a caring team.
- As required maintain accurate, legible, record and submit them on a regular basis to the manager.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Advise Service User of the complaints procedures (where appropriate).
- Participate in all training courses, including apprenticeship courses.
- Comply with legal requirements under the Equality Act.
- Participate in meetings as appropriate and attend regular supervision sessions.
- Any other duties reasonably falling within the scope of the post.
- Be committed and promote Purple Patch’s Equal Opportunity and Anti Discriminatory Policies and Procedures in relation to both service provision and employment issues.
- To be responsible for any day to day decisions within the confines of the duties allocated and Job Description.
Requirements and prospects
- Flexible and able to use own initiative.
- Can manage workload effectively.
- Good communicator and friendly.
- Caring nature.
- Willingness to work in a health and social care environment.
- A Level 2 qualification in Health & Social Care.
Things to consider
About the employer
PURPLE PATCH PARTNERS LTD
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Kirsty Gregory 01254 292470 Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017