Child Care Apprenticeship Little Orchard Montessori Nursery
A small, friendly nursery situated in Sparkwell, is looking for a child care apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
17 Sep 2017
06 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As part of your role, you will be required to work as part of a team to offer a safe and fun learning environment for the children. In order to fulfil the requirements of this role, you will need to be a great team player, have excellent standards of personal hygiene and appearance, be reliable and model positive behaviour at all times.
You will carry out many tasks such as:
- Caring for, educating and looking after children
- Supervising children’s play time and providing safe and creative play opportunities
- Responsible for some administration which may include keeping and updating records
- The successful apprentice will be working with a team of qualified colleagues, where they will be helping to maintain the high standards required for this position
- You will also be required to attend staff meetings where you will learn about the processes and procedures that you will be following for this position
- You will be supervised by a qualified member of staff and must follow the companies procedures including health and safety in the workplace at all times, as well as making sure that all play equipment, books etc.. are put away at the end of each day
Requirements and prospects
You will have an enthusiasm for working with young children with an interest in the care, learning and development of young children
You must also have a commitment to the provision of high quality childcare.
You must also have a positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities.
The successful applicant will have a passion for childcare, a smiley, bubbly, fun personality and be approachable. As an apprentice, you must be able to work with other adults and be able to demonstrate good teamwork skills along with being understanding, caring and trusting.
You will need to be flexible and show a willingness to progress and succeed in your own chosen career.
Qualifications required for this role, include GCSE grades A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications such as functional skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
Little Orchard Montessori Nursery
The Apprenticeship in Child Care includes:
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (Level 1)
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
All aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017