Care/Support Worker Apprenticeship SENTINEL CARE LIMITED
As a care worker you can expect a rewarding, varied and fulfilling career, your role will include working with vulnerable adults, maintaining their independence and supporting them with their daily living.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2017
£225.00 - £337.50
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Nov 2017
03 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sentinel require great Support Workers to join our team to undertake Care/Support work with the sensitivity required to provide services in a way which will preserve the dignity, privacy, choice, independence, fulfilment and rights of Customers and users of our services.
As an employer we offer good rates of pay £7.50 - £11.25, flexible hours and formal and informal training as well as the opportunity to gain valuable qualifications. We provide Simply Health insurance plans, enhancements, emergency car hire from £5.29 a day and generous holiday entitlements and pay door to door mileage.
This support takes place in the service user's home delivering a high standard of care throughout, helping them achieve their desired outcomes. Tasks include personal care, general household duties, shopping visits, social sits and visits out.
Delivering The Highest Standard Of Quality Care To All Customers:
- To support customers to lead as independent a life as possible
- To provide personal care support to customers as detailed in their Care/Support Plan
- To adhere to the requirements laid out in the needs led Risk Assessment and Care/Support Plans and ensuring that the customer lives as safely as possible in their own homes
- To prepare meals, ensuring a balanced diet, undertake household and cleaning tasks, social interaction and any other tasks outlined in the Care/Support Plan
- To dress appropriately for the post in accordance with the Company Dress Code
- To develop good communication and develop effective working relationships with Customers and users of our service
- Be willing to work within a Customers own home, accepting difference environments and varying capabilities of customers
- To encourage customers independence, while ensuring dignity, choice and respect at all times
Supporting the Company Office and Its Performance
- To ensure that any Health and Safety issues are reported immediately
- Ensure accurate and full records are kept on each customers
- To provide support for customers that require flexibility in their support
- Where required, assist to ensure that all calls are covered
- To report any concerns, complaints or safeguarding issues
- To attend staff meetings, training, supervisions and appraisals where necessary
- To liaise with peers and other professionals
Supporting Stakeholders and Their Requirements
- To attend and participate in case conferences and reviews as and when required
- To alert Managers/Field Care Supervisors/Company Office Staff to any changes in the customers condition or circumstances
- Take responsibility for the safe handling of property and equipment belonging to the Customer.
- Be available and willing to undertake any other tasks specified by line management relevant to the role and to the needs of the Customers.
- To communicate effectively with all peer groups
Occasionally, you may be required to Undertake other duties as requested by your Line Manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good comprehension of the English language
- Ability to recognise poor practice
- Understanding of the principles of Empowerment
- Knowledge of the Safeguarding Process
- Ability to recognise and report hazards
- Able to carry out moving and positioning techniques (after training)
- Ability to show empathy
- Accurate record keeping
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to work independently
- Able to work on own initiative
Self - development
Suggested Performance Measures
Timekeeping and punctuality
GCSE A*-C in English and Maths OR the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in these subjects.
Things to consider
About the employer
SENTINEL CARE LIMITED
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care to include:
- CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 1 (unless exempt)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Training is provided and you will be fully supported by our quality and performance team and by our seniors and management team. They will offer instruction, advice and guidance in all matters relating to the role.
Health and Social Care
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Jenny Crowson 07769 224265
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2017