Bricklaying Apprentice MG BRICKLAYERS LIMITED
MG Bricklayers are looking to take on an apprentice to join their team of bricklayers.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Sep 2017
03 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Throughout your apprenticeship, duties will include:
- Reading plans and drawings
- Measuring and setting out and general labouring this will include:
- Keeping the site tidy
- Mixing mortar by hand and machine
- You will be taught how to shape and trim bricks by hand using hand and power tools
- As part of the team you will also be responsible for adhering to the site health and safety rules and regulations.
This is a physically demanding role, however you will be fully supported by the team.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent coordination is important as a high level of accuracy is required for this role
- Excellent timekeeping is a must
- A good level of physical fitness is required due to the demanding nature of the role
- You will be confident and be able to work well within a team
- You must be reliable with a real determination to achieve
Qualifications required for this role include GCSE’s grades A–E in Maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
MG BRICKLAYERS LIMITED
The Apprenticeship in Trowel Occupations consists of:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
- Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment test – CSCS Test
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
As part of the apprenticeship programme, attendance is required at our Skills Group training centre for one day per week. All other aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site by the employer#. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated Skills Group assessor, who will monitor your progress during your apprenticeship training.
Whilst at the Skills Group training centre, you will learn the necessary skills and gain experience to help you throughout your role. Part of your training will be knowledge and theory based, whilst the rest will be practical. You will develop your hand skills, carry out brick and block work, learn the correct use of specific tools, carry out pointing and learn mortar ratio mixes under the guidance of your assessor. Learning all these additional skills will benefit you on returning to the employer.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve your Emergency First Aid and certified Health and Safety Certificates, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
As part of your apprenticeship Skills Group will also support you to complete your online CSCS test, which will enable you to apply for your CSCS Card. This shows that you are at the required competent level to carry out site work with the employer.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017