Apprentice Account Support Administrator Clifford Talbot Partnership
This apprenticeship is focused on building your knowledge of the energy industry and the skills needed to become a fully trained member of our account support team, with longer-term development greatly encouraged
Closing date: 05 Oct 2022
£15,000.00 - £22,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
17 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Apprentices start their role working towards becoming one of our Account Support Administrators. This role is highly varied and is focused to provide a high-quality service for our Clients by working in collaboration with Account Executives and Managers as part of a small team. Our clients rely on us to ensure their utility accounts are well managed, up to date and accurate.
It is our task to thoroughly check and validate our clients’ utility invoices as well as monitor their supplies for unusual usage which might relate to leaks or wastage. We collate this information and supply it to our customers in a format that is most useful for them. This process requires care and skill since we need to spot errors that others do not. The data we extract from invoices is also very important for our clients’ energy and sustainability reporting. Good IT skills and numeracy are essential in order to use our bespoke system and understand the bills and energy data.
Any errors with utility invoices need to be disputed with the supplier in question and we need to arrange for corrected invoices to be issued. We are also in regular contact with our B2B customers, highlighting potential problems and working with them to obtain information from their properties such as requesting them to take meter readings and photos. Good written and verbal communication is important in order to explain the issues clearly and professionally.
In addition to ad hoc duties that arise from time to time, the energy industry has many areas of specialism which are looked after by sub-teams including account support apprentices. Because we deal with so many suppliers (covering electricity, gas and water) and different types of customer there is a lot to learn and full training is provided in-house.
All of our team manage their own work so good organisation skills and self-motivation are essential as well as a willingness to help others and ask for help when needed.
The key tasks include:
- Answering & routing incoming telephone calls
- Scanning and filing of electronic documents
- Downloading and printing suppliers’ utility invoices from their websites
- Entering data from invoices received into our system, validating and approving them and then forwarding on to the client for payment
- Contacting clients by telephone and/or email for meter readings, validating the readings and then forwarding to suppliers
- Liaising with suppliers by telephone and/or email to resolve billing queries, chasing updates and escalating as complaints if necessary
- Data entry of half hour consumption data into spreadsheets and querying any discrepancies
- Negotiating electricity Meter Operator contracts
- Issuing and chasing acceptance of termination notices
- Chasing suppliers for missing invoices
- Checking suppliers’ payment reminders and forwarding to the client
- Organising change of tenancies/ownerships with suppliers
- Sorting and franking incoming and outgoing post
Requirements and prospects
- Good numeracy
- Good problem solving
- High attention to detail
- Good organisation
- The ability to quickly learn and adopt new procedures
- Ability to prioritise work and to manage time effectively
- Good written and verbal communication
- The ability to work individually as well as being a good team player
- Professional & thoughtful
- Hard working
- Willingness to learn and ask questions
- Willingness to help others and ask for help when needed
- Good Maths & Science GCSEs (or equivalent)
- Good English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
- Development towards Account Support Administrator role
- Regular appraisal and development meetings and support from management
- Further development toward Senior Account Support Roles possible
- Further development towards Account Executive possible
Things to consider
- Incremental salary increases to £22,000 p.a. upon reaching Account Support Administrator level
- Holidays are 25 days per annum plus statutory bank holidays, increasing by one day per year of service after two full years up to a maximum of 30 days per year.
- Office based but hybrid working (occasional working from home) allowed once sufficiently trained
- Additional information can be found on our website at https://www.cliffordtalbot.co.uk/careers/
About the employer
Clifford Talbot Partnership is a utility management company providing business customers with high-quality services on their electricity, gas and water accounts. For over 38 years we have been helping large businesses with energy management data, account management and utility supply contract procurement. We are proud to work with some of the UK’s top companies and work hard to build a reputation of high-quality work. This combined with our professional & personable approach we have retained high end clients as well as grown our company by word of mouth and recommendations.
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Elaine Baillie 07920181729 firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- The standard is assessed by a range of methods to meet all the knowledge, skills and behaviours. Evidence will be collated within a portfolio of evidence
- College attendance for the delivery of the Diploma is mandatory for all apprentices
- Clifford Talbot Partnership is a utility management company providing business customers with high-quality services on their electricity, gas and water accounts. For over 38 years we have been helping large businesses with energy management data, account management and utility supply contract procurement. We are proud to work with some of the UK’s top companies and work hard to build a reputation of high-quality work. This combined with our professional & personable approach we have retained high end clients as well as grown our company by word of mouth and recommendations.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.