Level 2 Health and Social Care Apprentice Coton House
A fantastic training opportunity to join Coton House Residential Care Home to provide general care for clients, and gain a Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Nov 2017
03 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Health and Social Care Apprentice required to support other Carers in the general care of residents, the role will involve:
- Arriving 10 minutes before the start of the shift
- Running activities for residents
- Laundry duties
- Assisting service users with toileting,
- Assisting service users with eating and drinking, serving drinks, meals and snacks
- Supporting residents with moving and sitting and going to bed.
- Assisting staff with outings and events
- Helping to entertain residents
- Supporting bed ridden service users
- Light tidying duties
- Social interaction with service users
- Some knowledge of dementia would be an advantage
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to recognise poor practice
- Knowledge of the Safeguarding Process
- Ability to recognise and report hazards
- Ability to show empathy
- Accurate record keeping
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to work independently
- Behavioural Competencies
- Using initiative
- Communicating effectively
- Self - development
- Quality focused
- People skills
- Suggested Performance Measures
- Timekeeping and punctuality
- Work attendance
GCSE A*-C in English and Maths and ICT OR the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in these subjects.
About the employer
Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care to include:
- CACHE Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
- Functional Skills in English and Maths at Level 2 (unless exempt)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Health and Social Care
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2017