Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticship Outcast
An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Northampton city centre. Outcast salon is looking for an apprentice hair dresser to join their professional team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
02 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Outcast Hair salon is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in hairdressing to join their friendly and experienced team!
This will be a full time position working 38 hours per week and hours of work will be discussed at interview stage. Hours are likely to involve working late evenings and Saturdays are essential.
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying salon, greeting clients, making drinks, shampooing clients hair, advising clients on shampoos, conditioners and treatments (training will be given), assisting and observing stylists and when a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
- As part of your working work you will receive training from the salon's stylists and you will be visited on a regular basis for assessments by a Heart of England Training assessor to work towards NVQ level 2 in hairdressing.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills and good at working in a team is an advantage but not essential.
- Able to speak fluent English.
- Maths would be advantageous but not essential as this can also be taught.
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and time keeping
- To be able to use your own initiative.
You should be:
Willing to learn
Candidate needs to be:
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given.
Things to consider
About the employer
NVQ level 2 hairdressing with level 2 maths and English Functional Skills if applicable.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Hannah Hayes 07825805892
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017