An exciting new opportunity has arisen at CCS Media so if working with one of the UK’s leading IT hardware company’s sounds like your thing then this could be a THE apprentice opportunity for you. The company are looking for a responsible Project Support Officer to work as part of the Projects Desk.
Apprentice Project Support Officer
CCS Media Ltd
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.55 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £6.95 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday : 9am - 5pm 1hr lunch break
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Mar 2017
02 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will be to:
- To coordinate opportunities, quotes, resources and information.
- To assign various opportunities to team members that relate to their dedicated expertise or the completion of a project.
- To build and maintain internal and external customer relations.
- To monitor and manage all Services orders from the point of processing to delivery.
- To manage expectations, keeping all participants fully informed of the progress and timescales of live opportunities.
- To ensure all proposals are accurately detailed, priced and signed off and sent to clients within agreed timeframes which have been agreed through service level agreements.
- To act as the main point of contact for all Account Managers and communicate opportunity status adequately to all participants.
- To monitor and track a projects’ progress and handle any issues that arise, reporting and escalating to management if needed.
- To organise and maintain all legal documentation, sign offs, reports and certifications.
In order to be successful in this role, the chosen candidate must be self-motivated, with the desire to progress within their career.
The chosen candidate must also have a good use of initiative, have the ability to prioritise workload effectively, be organised, well presented and have a flexible approach to all tasks given.
The candidate will be provided with excellent training opportunities and a structured career development whilst working for a successful, well established company.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and optimistic.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Thorough attention to detail; including strong organisational, observational and time management capability.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Well Presented.
- 5 x GCSE grades A - C or above including English and Maths.
- During the course of the apprenticeship the company would also like the successful candidate to be working towards their ITIL v3 (this is the third version of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library, a globally recognised collection of best practises for managing information technology (IT).
The company offer full time job roles to the majority of their graduated Apprentices. The role therefore gives a real opportunity to start a career within an established and growing business. There will also be Personal and professional development opportunities for the right candidate such as; training of interest, progress onto the NVQ Level 3 and the opportunity to move into the role of Project Coordinator .
Things to consider
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
The company was established in 1983 and has offices in over 20 locations throughout the UK. Working with many of the world’s leading brands it provides everyday IT solutions & projects to over 14,000 customers. An award winning IT reseller with an IT Project Services division which is dedicated to designing, deploying and supporting solutions from qualification to delivery. The company has a fantastic culture of embracing the benefits of taking on apprentices which is seen are a central strategy to their continued growth aspirations. A great attitude to learning and developing will therefore be truly rewarded and you will be welcomed by a fantastic team who will support you throughout your apprenticeship.
- Business Administration Diploma.
- Functional Skills Maths – Level 1.
- Functional Skills English – Level 1.
- Employment rights and responsibilities.
- Personal learning and thinking skills.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chesterfield College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2017