Admissions & Customer Enquiries Apprentice South Essex College
From representing the College at events, interviews and tours, leading through to advising customers via phone and email enquiries, you will play an important role in an externally focused team, demonstrating outstanding customer service at every stage.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
04 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The Admissions and Communications Centre teams are the central point of contact for further education applicants and college customers, which includes key influencers such as parents, schools and Local Authorities. From representing the College at events, interviews and tours, leading through to advising customers via phone and email enquiries, you will play an important role in an externally focused team, demonstrating outstanding customer service at every stage. Daily duties to include, but not be limited to;
- Deal with incoming enquiries and provide a fit-for-purpose and highly effective service to applicants, schools, parents and other stakeholders using a range of channels
- Signposting stakeholders to appropriate professional bodies, authorities and/or internal departments to assist them in their enrolment
- Attend Admissions events, such as interviews, assessments and transition days
- Maintain excellent relationships with applicants, schools, parents and other stakeholders, guiding them throughout the applicant journey
- Timely progression through the application process in line with the Admissions Policy, assisting and following up with departments where necessary
- Liaise closely with wider College teams and work collaboratively where required
- Monitor course information and Admissions content on the website and prospectus to ensure clear and correct
- Filter and transfer (where appropriate) enquiries to their destination and take messages for College staff
- Make outgoing calls for research and other exercises
- Assist in the enrolment and progression of students
- Travel between the College’s campuses as required with another member of the team
- Carry out any other such duties as may reasonably be required by the Learner Recruitment & Admissions Manager and Director of Management Information Systems
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- Good telephone manner
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
GCSE English and maths Grade 4/C or above, or level 2 equivalent.
Possibility of a full time position within the team and an opportunity to progress.
Things to consider
Post-holders will be required to support the team by working some evenings in order to represent at internal and external events alongside another member of the team. Additional time worked will be renumerated in time off in lieu.
About the employer
The College was founded in 1899 as an art school and was renamed later as the Junior Day Technical School. It was then restructured to include commercial and industrial provision such as plumbing. The College became South East Essex College of Arts and Technology (SEECAT) in 1991.
In 2004, the College relocated to the campus in the centre of Southend. On 1 January 2010, the College formally merged with Basildon and Thurrock College and was renamed South Essex College of Further and Higher Education.
In 2013 The Forum Southend-on-Sea opened which has an area dedicated to South Essex on the third floor. This area accommodates our Higher Education provision.
in 2014 our Thurrock campus relocated to a new building in the centre of Grays.
In 2019 the College opened a new campus in Stephenson Road, Southend, which specialises in engineering and construction.
In February 2019 the College merged with PROCAT, a specialist engineering and construction provider based in Basildon, Canvey Island and Ilford.
In 2020, the college formed a partnership with The National College Creative Industries (NCCI) Ltd and Access Creative College to provide a stronger offer for both young and adult students wishing to train for a career in the creative industries at The Backstage Centre in Purfleet, Essex.
In 2021, South Essex College opened their new Centre for Digital Technologies in Basildon town centre.
Additional location information
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Diane Ridgley 07855701273 email@example.com
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeshi Standard
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.