Maintenance Apprentice S G Technologies Group Limited
SG Tec are looking for a Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician to become part of our busy team working predominately in maintenance. All work is fully supervised and fully supported.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
19 Sep 2022
25 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An opportunity to gain practical experience in a British owned company which competes in a global business market. You will be working alongside skilled engineers, making, maintaining, improving automated manufacturing equipment and supplying products to prestigious customers in the automotive and other sectors.
You will be working across both sites, be responsible for undertaking Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM), diagnostics and repairs, on Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) machine tools, robot cells, automated plant, troubleshooting issues to maintain productivity and all associated production plant and equipment.
Daily duties to include but not be limited to:
SG Tec are looking for a Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician to become part of our busy team working predominately in maintenance in the following areas but not just limited to them. All work is fully supervised and fully supported.
- Support the Maintenance department in the completion of the scheduled planned maintenance activities
- Contribute ideas to improve the planned maintenance schedule such as:
- Incorporation of work instructions
- Using mean time failure to drive improvements
- Analysing break down data
- To support basic machining activities
- Effectively use the computerised maintenance system (E-Maint) to clear works orders for managed/planned maintenance schedule
- Participate & support in cross functional process improvement team meetings & actively participate in team production meetings
- Learn safe practices at work and knowledge of the necessary statutory requirements under the Health and Safety and Safety at Work Act
- Take part in all training and development activities as required to ensure successful completion of the apprenticeship requirements
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literacy & proficiency with Microsoft programs
- Ability to interact with people on all levels
- Welcomes & takes actions on feedback received
- Understands the bigger picture of how their actions impact the organisation
- Be committed to your own development
- Make the most of opportunities given
- Have lived in the UK or EEA for the last 3 years
- Be resident in the UK for the duration of the program
Applicants should have GCSE standard qualifications (maths, English and a science subject grade 4 or above) or level 2 equivalent and demonstrate an enthusiasm and aptitude for the skills taught in the apprenticeship.
Successful Apprentices will be offered a permanent position.
There is the opportunity to study to Degree Level.
Things to consider
This position is based in Rainham Essex.
About the employer
SG Technologies is a British owned company, competing in a global manufacturing market for over 60 years. We produce high-performance magnetic components and assemblies. Our products are used by blue chip clients in highly technical applications for consumer electronics, automotive (including electric vehicles) and industrial sectors. From our base in Rainham, in the London Borough of Havering East London, we employ over 200 people and produce over 100 million parts a year, almost all of which are exported.
Apprenticeships within SGTec are seen and valued as high-quality pathways to successful careers. Our Apprenticeship scheme will enable you to gain hands-on experience and knowledge whilst achieving a recognised qualification in a company that is really going places.
We seek apprentices who show passion for what they do. We want team players who can set their own targets, bring ideas to the table and give their best every day.
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Diane Ridgley 07855701273 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.