Apprentice Information Communication Technician Hartismere High School
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work across the IT and Technical departments at Hartismere School as an Information Communications Technician. This role is ideally designed to benefit the career development of someone who has recently finished secondary education
Closing date: 01 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
25 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
This post is subject to enhanced DBS procedures. Hartismere School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work across the IT and Technical departments at Hartismere School as an Information Communications Technician.
This role is ideally designed to benefit the career development of someone who has recently finished secondary education, acquiring many transferable skills and attributes, including reliability, timekeeping, communications, teamwork, initiative, self-reliance, efficiency and attention to detail.
Job Description Overview:
We are looking for an ICT Support Technician to join the enthusiastic and approachable team providing technical support across our School. You will support the IT Manager in running the network infrastructure and IT systems across the site. You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of hardware and software solutions in the teaching, learning and business environments.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, reliable and enthusiastic person who is dependable and highly motivated with a superb customer service attitude. The successful candidate will be good at thinking quickly, problem solving and have the ability to stay calm in a crisis.
You will be able to use your own initiative, prioritise tasks and work without direct supervision. Having excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team is important. The ability to comfortably communicate with both technical and non-technical people is key, as is good numeracy and literacy skills.
There is a requirement to be able to lift and carry equipment. Every member of the Support Staff has their own area of responsibility, but it is expected that everyone has a flexible attitude and able to assist in other areas, if and when required.
This is an excellent opportunity for continued professional development and on-the-job training provided by the School and the apprenticeship provider.
- Provide an on-demand helpdesk service giving support to all users of the School network, by logging support requests, attending to issues and resolving as many queries as possible with first contact and escalating requests where appropriate
- Setup, install and maintain hardware items across the School, including PCs, laptops, tablets, Digital Signage and AV/interactive projector solutions, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly
- Deliver hardware and resources to classrooms as required by utilising the School’s booking management system
- Ensure dedicated ICT areas are ready for use each day and that they are in good working orders so to provide an effective environment for learning
- Assist with installing, deploying and maintaining software across the network as appropriate
- Aid with the installation of network equipment, including switches, wireless access points and maintaining a tidy working environment in network cabinets
- Add, amend or delete user accounts on the network, ensuring appropriate permissions are granted or removed as necessary
- Work to and give guidance on the Digital Usage Policy to ensure the effective safeguarding of pupils and staff
- Contribute to the School’s web filtering system, querying reports as necessary
- Maintain a knowledge base of procedure and solution for commonly reported issues
- Assist with management of printing and multi-functional devices around the School, including replenishing of supplies
- Assist with the operation of the School’s phone system, liaising with external contractors as necessary for service and maintenance
- Assist with the operation of the School’s CCTV systems, liaising with external contractors as necessary for installation and service
- Assist with the operation of the School’s biometric authentication systems, including liaising with external contractors as necessary for repair or maintenance
- Assist with troubleshooting network or server faults or issues, maintaining backup systems and reviewing alerts from network monitoring software and reporting as necessary
- Using and controlling technical equipment for assemblies, productions and other events
- Updating and maintaining the asset register of School-owned devices
- Ensure the safe disposal of obsolete equipment, used consumables and waste materials in line with legal requirements
- Engage with the implementation of ongoing and specific future projectse projects
Requirements and prospects
- Be able to use IT equipment and systems
- Be a confident communicator
- Have technical proficiency in AV
- Adhere to Health & Safety at all times
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to receive instructions
- Ability to undertake periods of sustained physical work
- Able to follow organisational policies on safety, safeguarding and conduct
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
- A strong sense of discretion and confidentiality is required at all time
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/ 9-4 or Level 2 equivalents including English and maths
- Career Progression
Things to consider
- Please google the location prior to applying
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship
- The Skills Network is acting as an Apprentice Training Provider and will engage you for the duration of the apprenticeship
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
The candidates will also need to complete an enhanced disclosure of criminal convictions form.
About the employer
Hartismere & Sixth Form College welcomes students from all over Suffolk and Norfolk, as well as our own Hartismere students - all benefit from the same care and support that makes ours an outstanding school and sixth form.
Hartismere sixth form has grown enormously in the last few years and it is a pleasure to work in a college which sends happy, well rounded young people to university and into the world of work.
THE SKILLS NETWORK LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Skills Network Ltd
John Williams 07720092990 email@example.com
- Level 3 Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills English and maths if required
- The Skills Network will deliver 1-2-1 training on the chosen Apprenticeship Standard to support you in your current role
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.