Operations Administration Apprentice Houghton International Electrical Services Ltd
Are you looking for an apprenticeship in a busy fast environment? Are you interested in engineering? If you are someone that has a professional approach to work with strong organisational skills then this could be the ideal role for you.
Closing date: today
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Jul 2022
21 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Due to continued business growth, we have an opportunity for an Operations Administration Apprentice to join our growing team. The successful candidate will work within all operational areas of the business to help support business growth objectives across a range of target sectors regionally, nationally and internationally.
They will work closely with the Operations Manager, assisting with all of the day-to-day administration elements of the business.
They will work to achieve a formal qualification through a combination of work-based learning and study in conjunction with Tyne North Training.
Operations Administrator Apprentice duties and responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include:
- Deputise for the Operations Manager when required
- Produce meeting minutes when required
- Support the operational team, such as the Operations Director, Heads of Department, Assistant Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders with administration
- Compile cost date and prepare customer quotations
- Answer incoming telephone calls, including reception cover when required
- Using Microsoft Word to produce confidential documents
- Populating spreadsheets through Excel
- Recording employee time management and sickness information
- Gathering relevant data to produce statistical departmental reports
- Build Strong professional relationships to identify opportunities for new and existing business; informing the Sales Team of potential new business.
- Maintain data analysis
- Respond to internal and external queries by email and telephone
- Entering and booking new jobs on to the internal system
- Assemble cost information for invoicing
- Raising orders
- Support with quotations
- Collating data for completed jobs and processing invoices
- Daily co-ordination of shipping and transportation process
- Providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Developing professional working relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers
- To maintain and promote the vision, values and mission of the company showing at all times a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong appreciation of continuous improvement delivering excellent customer care and satisfaction
- Any other duties relevant to job role
This is a varied and busy role that requires you to have exceptional organisational skills, be self-motivated and can work using your own initiative and prioritise workloads.
Requirements and prospects
- Must have a genuine interest to learn business administration and ambition to progress
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, prioritse workload based on customer demand
- Team Player
- Drive and Self-Motivated to succeed
- Willing to develop through continuous improvement
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence to make decisions
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Ability to follow Health, Safety and company policies and procedures
- The ideal candidate will have GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade C/4 or above in maths, English and ICT
- Please note that Level 2 Adult Literacy and Level 2 Adult Numeracy will not be accepted. This is due to the certificate awarding body requirements
- An excellent opportunity to progress in a team of colleagues and learn several aspects of the business
Things to consider
- In the first instance all applicants must complete an application form, a basic word processing exercise and a remote telephone / video conference interview
- A candidate’s successful application could lead to the potential of an interview with the prospective employer
About the employer
Houghton International pioneers technical and commercial innovation in the repair, maintenance and life extension of rotating electrical machines, operating through three specialist Divisions; High Voltage Coils, Electro Mechanical Services and Rail. We service a broad range of sectors including rail transport, power generation - renewables, hydro, industrial, oil and gas and marine, serving a global customer base through our partnership and agent network.
Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement has resulted in HiFLEX™ our world leading fully cured, totally flexible insulation system and in the rail sector we continue to lead the traction motor repair market with HiTRAX™ coils, the only insulation system in the world developed and marketed specifically into the traction motor market by a traction motor repair company and HiTRANS™ our patent pending transient dynamic MA Set test process that electrically simulates full load conditions on any type of Motor Alternator (MA Set).
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyne North Training Ltd
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- The apprenticeship also includes Employment Rights and Responsibilities as well as Personal Learning and Thinking Skills qualifications
- The successful candidate will work towards a BTEC level 3 qualification and level 2 functional skills, should they be required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.