Business Admin Apprenticeship Enoch Evans
A fantastic opportunity has become available to join the organisation as a Legal Support Assistant, completing any general administrative tasks required by the Firm in order to operate efficiently and assist front of house staff in their function and providing administrative support to all Executive Staff.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
27 Aug 2022
15 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
General Administration Tasks – To take priority and to be completed before undertaking any tasks to assist the Legal Support Assistants
- Collect both First Class and DX post from relevant locations
- Open and distribute all post following procedures and scan any post as required to relevant staff members.
- Collect any post to be sent out at the end of each day, frank all post and take to relevant locations
- Support and assist with front of hours duties including reception cover for lunches, breaks, holidays or absences as and when required.
- Maintain stock levels of the cleaning cupboard and hospitality supplies.
- Make any hand deliveries as required
- Assist with the setup of any client or staff meetings including refreshments, supplies required and clean down of areas.
- Assist the Facilities & Procurement Manager with the distribution, stock take and unpacking of stationery
Legal Support Assistant Tasks – Once general administrative tasks are completed provide support to the Legal Support Assistants, including but not limited to-
- Opening client and matter files
- Ensure all post received is scanned onto the relevant client or matter files correctly and flag any documents to executive staff that require urgent attention
- Actively assist in any copying, scanning, filing and general administrative tasks
- Ensure all relevant on boarding documentation is received from clients in order to comply with AML and office procedures and chase up accordingly
- Update and maintain digital client files and ensuring it is maintained according to the firm’s paperless policy.
- Ensure client and 3rd party contact details in respect of every matter are inputted accurately and fully maintained
- Be a point of contact for clients and 3rd party contacts, provide them with any updates and maintain expectations.
- Maintaining a professional and high standard of client care
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and external contacts in order to secure future work
- Arrange client or 3rd party meetings in line with Firms procedures and ensure they are diarised correctly in relevant calendars.
- Assist with the setup of any networking or promotional events and if required attend
- To answer client or external contact queries using all relevant mediums in a timely, professional and friendly manner
- Prepare any documentation as requested for approval by executives, including but not limited to, letters, emails, Court papers, Court bundles etc in a timely manner
- Actively engage with clients prior to completion of their matter to maximise any cross selling of our other services opportunities
- Undertake all necessary tasks in order to arrange for the closure of completed files such as return of papers to clients, the destruction of papers, dealing with any financial balances and then archiving the file in accordance with Firm procedure
- Draft accurate completion statements for approval and prepare draft bills using the firm’s matter management systems
- Drafting of any financial breakdowns for clients or executive staff and assist with the understanding of financial ledgers
- Action any legal procedures as directed by executive staff
- Actively keep up to date with any changes within the legal sector and request any training as appropriate
- Undertake all required training when requested to do so
- Proactively assist with the development of Departments and the Firm
- Any other task requested by Executive Staff, Partners or Management Team that is deemed to fall within the remit of the role
- As required, accurately record conversations had and interactions with clients and third parties
- As instructed, record time for chargeable work undertaken in the furtherance of a client matter
Requirements and prospects
- Adept in using case management systems
- Adept in using video conferencing including Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- High competence in using all Microsoft Office 365 applications including word, outlook and Excel
- Good level of Typing skills
- Team player
- Able to work independently and use initiative
- Level 4 GCSE in maths and English, Functional skills or equivalent
- There will be a full time position available for the right candidate on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Virtual learning sessions with Walsall College
About the employer
We are a full service law firm with offices in Walsall and Sutton Coldfield with over 30 lawyers and in excess of 90 members of staff. Our locations allow us to serve an extensive cross-section of clients throughout the UK, we do this through many dedicated specialist departments. Although the firm is well established with historical links, Enoch Evans is very much a 21st Century firm that invests heavily in new systems and technology to ensure steady expansion and innovation.
Staff at Enoch Evans LLP are highly trained and qualified to ensure that clients are provided with the uppermost level of service available. As a testament to this Enoch Evans LLP were the first Solicitors in the West Midlands to receive the “Investors in People” award.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Nichole Jackson 01922 657087 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Admin Level 3 standard
- 20% off the job training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.