Looking for a career in Software? Formerly East Midlands Computers, EMCOM have an opportunity for an apprentice to join their software team. Reporting to the Test Lead, you will provide 1st line support to EMCOM’s clients on all issues relating to their software solutions, with a focus on SQL.
Software Support Apprentice
SAFE EMCOM SERVICES LIMITED
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
Monday – Friday 9am-5.30pm
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Mar 2017
01 Feb 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
As part of a planned expansion, EMCOM are recruiting a Trainee Software Support Analyst to join the team.
You will work alongside the support team to ensure the software maintains the highest quality standards as expected by our clients.
Typical roles and responsibilities will include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Working alongside our support team
- Specialising in our Membership/CRM application
- Helping test changes on Membership/CRM application
- Communicating with our Key Client
- Suggesting improvements for our applications
- Documenting any processes
During the placement, the successful candidate will be using SQL as well as specialising in our Membership and CRM application which is being used by our biggest clients.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in a support desk environment would be an advantage
- Previous experience in databases or SQL would be an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen and enthusiastic to develop a career as a Software Support Analyst
- Commutable to Derby
- Must be a strong team player
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Our client will fully support your development to become an experienced software support analyst as required to help you succeed in this role, allied with progression and development opportunities as the company expands.
Things to consider
Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. It is highly important that you do not contact the Employers directly – any attempt of this may invalidate candidate’s application. Should you have any queries regarding your Application or the job itself, please contact your 3aaa Training Academy.
About the employer
EMCOM was founded in 1981 and was originally trading as East Midlands Computers, or EMC. We started out selling computers and business systems, at a time when there wasn’t much around in the way of technology, unlike today. Over the years, we specialised in Windows systems and extended our customer base throughout the UK, focusing on building complete software solutions and business management software to various business sectors around the UK. Our customer portfolio is vast, ranging from independent funeral directors to large corporate funeral businesses. As well as the funeral industry, we also have a wide range of other clients such as retailers, unions and charity organisations.
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Derby for up to 8 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer.The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
- MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017