Hospitality Team Member Apprentice Gwel an Mor
Gwel an Mor holiday resort are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Hospitality Team Member Apprentice.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
11 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
During your apprenticeship at Gwel an Mor you will work towards developing the following Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
- Use your own initiative and show confidence in degerming customers' needs
- Take an enthusiastic and positive approach to providing excellent customer service
- Carry out activities whilst taking consideration of their cost and value
- Take a friendly and outgoing approach to work and enjoy talking and interacting with others
- Take a responsible approach to the preparation, sale and service of food and beverages
- Safe handling and storage of food and beverages
- Be able to accurately communicate the contents of products
- To be able to work across a divide of functions ie: weddings / functions / restaurant / base camp (different styles of service)
Requirements and prospects
- Committed to work
- Friendly personality
- Able to carry plates and trays
- Good guest interaction
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Passion for the industry
- Able to use own initiative
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Sense of humour
Good educational qualifications (5 A*- C GCSEs or equivalents).
Maths and English will be studied as a Mandatory part of the Apprenticeship if C/4 has not already been achieved. These will be studied by Block Weeks, Monday to Friday.
Possibility to progress within the company upon full completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Uniform provided
- Equal share of tips
- Staff incentives; use of gym, pool, golf, fishing, base camp soft drinks on shift, free parking on site, 20% off food and drink in restaurant
- Employee of the month award
About the employer
Landal Gwel an Mor is a multi-award winning resort situated on the stunning shoreline of the North Cornish coast. Close to picture postcard villages, wonderful natural parks and amazing activities, this luxury Cornish resort offers an unforgettable staycation experience.
Overlooking the fishing village of Portreath, this five star resort is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle. If you have little ones and teens who need to burn off some energy, Basecamp is the perfect place. They can discover an incredible 2000sq foot indoor play paradise featuring the only Clip’n’Climb in Cornwall and it also has a café; perfect for breakfasts, midday snacks or a social bite whilst the kids play.
The Terrace restaurant is a must visit, offering outstanding locally sourced dishes and daily specials featuring fresh catches of the day.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Ceri 01209 616 826
You will be working towards a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Standard.
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor.
You will be required to attend Cornwall College Camborne on a weekly basis.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)