Apprentice Sports Coach ELITE BASKETBALL UK LIMITED
You will assist a designated lead coach to organise and deliver exciting and challenging sports activity sessions to a wide range of people.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017
£121.50 - £211.50
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
02 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist the head coach in delivering exciting, innovative and fun Basketball lessons to children.
- To fulfil and complete tasks given to them to the best of their ability under the direction of the head coach.
- To observe, learn and take part, as directed by head coach, in the preparation, delivery and conclusion of the lessons.
- You must at all times demonstrate energy, positive attitude, enthusiasm to learn and understand, initiative and a passion for basketball, as these are an absolute priority to us.
- Coaches need to be professional, punctual and polite at all times while operating as an Elite Basketball Coach.
- As an Apprentice Basketball Coach, you will be involved in a growing company that is already having a positive impact on children across Essex.
- You will have the opportunity to lead and deliver fun, exciting and challenging basketball sessions within a primary environment, under the guidance and watchful eye of the head coach.
- The opportunity for coaches to be able to use any previous experience, basketball or educational, on and off court, is something that we encourage as the company continues to evolve to serve its purpose of supporting youth development of basketball.
Requirements and prospects
- General knowledge of Basketball Level 1 England Basketball Coaching.
- Qualification or UKCC Level 1 preferred but not essential.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle required due to travelling from different Schools.
- Hard working.
- Enjoys working with school children.
- Basketball or Sports Qualifications, Sports Leadership or relevant experience.
- Maths and English Language GCSE at a D grade or above (or equivalent).
About the employer
- NVQ level 2 Activity Leadership or Level 3 PE and School Sport
- 1st 4Sport Employers Rights and Responsibilities level 2 or level 3
- Level 2 Technical Certificate (if required)
- FS maths and English at level 1 or level 2 (if required)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Amber Stroud 01245 293008 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2017