Production Chef Apprentice LA CORTE LIMITED
With over 30 years experience, Andrea will teach you everything you need to know about being a Head Chef in a busy restaurant. Once you feel confident in your abilities, Andrea will assist you create your own Chef’s Specials for our busy Trattoria.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
02 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a small business we will be able to teach you everything from Health and Safety, sourcing quality ingredients and planning a menu on time and budget within the kitchen constraints. This really is an exciting opportunity for a bussing Chef who wants to go far in their career.
You will work 30 hours per week between the days Tuesday to Sunday. You will be expected to work every weekend and 4 weeks paid holidays will be given per annum.
At Franco’s you are treated as one of the family. We care about our employees by being flexible, compassionate, rewarding, motivational and have fun when the work is done. We are passionate about our business being the best it can be but most importantly our customers are King!
Main duties will include:
- Preparation of the main menu for each service. Ensuring Food Safety procedures are met and completing daily records to prove our 5 Star Food Safety Award
- Assisting our pizza chef and counter staff when necessary
- Developing a range of your own Chef’s Specials for our customers
- Assisting the recreation of our main menu twice a year
- Ensuring each meal is prepared consistently with passion and enthusiasm
- Working as a team to ensure the commercial kitchen area and storerooms are always clean and tidy
Requirements and prospects
- Some experience in a commercial kitchen
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good time keeping
- Willing to learn
- Smart with impeccable personal hygiene
- Enthusiastic with common sense
- No GCSEs required, but must demonstrate the ability to achieve maths/English L1 functional skills as indicated in BKSB assessment
- Food Safety Level 2
- There is a full-time vacancy at the end of your apprenticeship
Things to consider
- In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open
- Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a family run Italian Pizzeria, Trattoria and Gelateria in Leyland, Lancashire. We serve freshly made Italian food to our customers who dine in, take away or have a delivery. Trading for over 6 years we comprise of a small team of 9 employees.
LA CORTE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be working towards the following qualification/standard:
Production Chef – Level 2
- Main learning objectives: The preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration and presentation of food, procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment, standards and operating procedures, personal development and performance, key nutrient groups, legal requirements.
- Functional Skills – if required.
- EPA (End Point Assessment) – Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes 3 assessment methods. These include an ‘On demand test’, a 120-minute practical observation and a professional discussion. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.