Practice Assistant Apprentice 3PB MANAGEMENT SERVICES LIMITED
The fastest growing Barrister Chambers in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to undertake a Business Administrator apprenticeship.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2022
£12,000.00 - £12,500.00
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
25 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As a Practice Assistant you are employed by Chambers to assist with the promotion and administration of Chambers, and the practices of its members.
In accordance with Chambers policy, to assist with the day to day management of Chambers.
In fulfilling this role, you will act in accordance with the instructions of your employers and in consultation with the Chambers Directors and your line managers.
Your line manager is the Practice Manager.
Your main duties are as follows:
- To collect the morning post
- To enter incoming briefs, instructions and ancillary documents onto Chambers’ computer system
- To ensure that all briefs and instructions received for members are acknowledged in accordance with Chambers Policy
- To book in and ensuring that accurate records are kept of briefs and instructions in accordance with Chambers’ case management system
- To collect and processing information in relation to briefs and instructions received from solicitors in order to ensure that fee notes are correct and sent out expeditiously, as well as processing public funded graduated fee claims
- To organise and taking books and files to court
- To run errands inside and outside Chambers
- To answer the telephone and ensuring messages are passed on correctly
- To prepare and keep a log of all outgoing post and DX
- To photocopy and scan
- To order and deliver sandwiches if required
- To ensure a constant supply of consumables such as light bulbs, toilet paper, air fresheners, printer cartridges and stationary, and ensuring that these are installed where and as appropriate
- To regularly clear discarded paper and cardboard and all rubbish from clerks’ room, storerooms, common parts and where instructed, members’ rooms
- To take post and DX in the evening to relevant collection points
- To be aware of the content of Chambers’ manual with reference to client care, Chambers’ Equality Opportunities (Dignity) policy
- To assist with the work of the Chambers Directors, Practice Directors and Practice Managers
- To undertake other tasks as allocated by Chambers/Line managers
Given the nature of Chambers’ business you must be accessible to members of Chambers and the clerking team outside normal working hours.
MEMBERS AND OTHER EMPLOYEES:
It is essential to the smooth running of Chambers that you foster a good relationship with all other members of staff.We work as a team and co-operate and show courtesy to one another.
Requirements and prospects
- MS Office (Teams/Word/Outlook)
- Plenty of training given on these and importantly our more bespoke systems
- Organised, calm under pressure, punctual, methodical, quick learner, smart & good communicator
Maths/English GCSE’s as C or above (or the today’s marking equivalent). Any higher qualifications desirable but not essential, ideally a good use and understanding of English is essential.
On completion of the apprenticeship, the job progresses to being Practice Assistant, this would have a remuneration increase to the £17/18K mark. Few years of doing this role, then would become a Practice Manager, this is a significant step in a clerks life.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The fastest growing Barristers Chambers in the UK.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Capita Talent Partnerships
Lisa Khosla 07936 036619 Lisa.Khosla@capita.com
Capita Education and learning will provide the training via a blended approach of Trainer Led, Employer Led and Self study.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.