Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 2 ALL ABOUT CHILDREN LIMITED
We create a ‘home from home’ atmosphere and help children to feel safe and secure, leaving them free to immerse themselves in play. Working towards the Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard.
Closing date: 09 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2023
24 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Creative, imaginative and willing to get stuck in
- Patience and a caring nature
- Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their childcare skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting
- This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development
- The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual
Successful applicants will:
- Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent), or Functional Skills Level 2
- Be able to attend our training Academy in Birmingham for your 26 classroom-based days
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Things to consider
You will need to attend our Training Academy in Birmingham City Centre for 26 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (one day per week).
About the employer
Here at Langley Gorse we have a great partnership with parents – working closely to ensure that we are meeting their individual needs. We strongly believe in creating warm, caring and friendly environments, where children and their families feel cared for, valued and loved - and where they can genuinely feel at home. As children’s primary educators, the relationships we build with parents are as important as the relationships we build with our children.
ALL ABOUT CHILDREN LIMITED
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
Jessica Jones 0121 594 0459 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.