Business Administration Apprentice/Receptionist Samantha Golding
Ensuring full and accurate information about clients is recorded on file.Work professionally, attending punctually and establishing good working relationships with staff and customers. Maintain high standards of salon and personal hygiene. Working on the main reception desk being the first point of contact for walk-in customers.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2017
31 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering all incoming calls and book client appointments
- To record accurate details of the services provided to your clients.
- To ensure that the working environment is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure your personality/attitude to clients is positive and approachable to reflect the service industry that you are working in e.g. greeting clients, taking an interest in them generally and making them feel welcome and relaxed.
- To identify your clients’ needs and wishes, analyse the hair, skin and scalp of your clients and to make recommendations and agree with your clients services to be carried out.
- To effectively plan and manage your working day.
- To identify and address situations that are challenging and to be able to make appropriate referrals to the manager if and when the need arises.
- Undertake administrative duties e.g. using word processor to amend customer details and answer the telephone
- Attend at least two industry shows per annum.
- Attend all product companies Demonstrations/Seminars
- Keep up to date with product knowledge.
- Be responsible for your own personal development.
- Attend team training (two training nights per month)
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to organise, co-ordinate and prioritise your work and that of your team, to meet targets and deadlines.
- Ability to listen and talk to customers to enable you to understand their problems and queries and take appropriate action.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to accurately record information relating to after care and future services for clients hair.
- Active listening – giving full attention to what other people re saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and, not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time management – managing one’s own time.
- Speaking – talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Be able to use IT to support your work.
- Have excellent housekeeping skills
- Maintain high level of confidentiality. Show initiative.
- Be confident & positive, reliable, trustworthy, honest and punctual. Self reliant.
- Smart appearance (hair, Makeup and clothes are current looks).
- Pleasant manner.
English and Maths GCSE
Things to consider
About the employer
NVQ Level 2 Business Administration
Functional Skills (if required)
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Business and Administration
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Shanequa Rainford email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017