To provide a complete hair care service for clients, including consultation, hairdressing and aftercare advice. Ensuring full and accurate information about clients’ hair, scalp etc, is recorded on file. Work professionally.
Closing date: 04 Jul 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Tuesday-Saturday (Actual working times to be discussed at second interview stage)
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
05 Jul 2017
31 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Answering all incoming calls and book client appointments
- To record accurate details of the services provided to your clients.
- To ensure that the working environment is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure that your work relating to African Caribbean hairdressing e.g. relaxing/cutting hair etc, is carried out to NVQ Level 2 Standard.
- To ensure your personality/attitude to clients is positive and approachable to reflect the service industry that you are working in e.g. greeting clients, taking an interest in them generally and making them feel welcome and relaxed.
- To identify your clients’ needs and wishes, analyse the hair, skin and scalp of your clients and to make recommendations and agree with your clients services to be carried out.
- To perform consultations and provide a professional opinion to your clients during each service.
- To effectively plan and manage your working day.
- To identify and address situations that are challenging and to be able to make appropriate referrals to the manager if and when the need arises.
- You may be required at times to undertake other administrative duties e.g. using word processor to amend customer details and answer the telephone as and when the manager requires.
- Attend at least two industry shows per annum.
- Attend all product companies Demonstrations/Seminars
- Keep up to date with product knowledge.
- Be responsible for your own personal development.
- Attend team training (two training nights per month)
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to organise, co-ordinate and prioritise your work and that of your team, to meet targets and deadlines.
- Ability to listen and talk to customers to enable you to understand their problems and queries and take appropriate action.
- An understanding of the differing needs of your customers and the ability to produce a service appropriate to their individual need.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to accurately record information relating to after care and future services for clients hair.
- Active listening – giving full attention to what other people re saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and, not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time management – managing one’s own time.
- Speaking – talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Be able to use IT to support your work.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality. Show initiative.
- Be confident & positive, reliable, trustworthy, honest and punctual. Self reliant.
- Smart appearance (hair, Makeup and clothes are current looks).
- Pleasant manner.
Maths, English & Science GCSE’s or equivalent
Potential level 3 progression
Things to consider
•Attend SG training monthly nights •30hours of independent CDP per year. You may be required to wear suitable day make-up
About the employer
Samantha Golding has become renowned internationally as a Curly Hair specialist and leads the SGHAIR team to the highest standards in advice and bespoke hair services always using leading products for curly hair. SG hair is a friendly and modern salon with a manager who cares about staff and trains apprentices for the future.
NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing (City and Guilds)
Functional Skills (if necessary)
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Shanequa Rainford 07827319190 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 Jul 2017