Engineering Design & Draughts Person Apprentice (Controls) BRUSH ELECTRICAL MACHINES LIMITED
Exciting new opportunity with Brush Electrical Machines Ltd to join the team as an Engineering Apprentice. The job role will involve creating 2D CAD drawings & 3D models for BRUSH control products. This will include working closely with the engineers to ensure specification compliance.
Closing date: 08 Jul 2022
£9,254.44 - £18,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
21 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Creating 2D drawings using Autodesk Autocad Electrical
- Creating 3D models using Autodesk Inventor
- Creating bill of materials for subcontractor build packs
- Reviewing functional specifications to understand design requirements
- Working closely with C&I/PMS Engineers to ensure designs are compliant with customer specifications
- Maintain good communication at all times with project managers, engineers & managers
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate with AutoCAD electrical and 3D inventor model software applications
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office software applications
- good basic understanding of synchronous generator and power system theory with some knowledge of load flow calculations
- An interest in both electrical power and software development is essential
- Ability to interpret electrical circuits
- Adhere drawing office standards, ensuring high quality output across the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible approach
- Result oriented
- Proactive & ‘can do’ attitude
- Creative troubleshooting aptitude
5 GCSE’s or equivalent at grade C/4 including English, maths and a Science or equivalent. Evidence will be required at shortlisting stage.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying
- You need to be able to travel comfortably to Ashby-De-La-Zouch as public transport is limited
- Interviews to be held in May/June if you are shortlisted
- Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date
About the employer
Brush has grown for over 130 years to be recognised as the foremost independent manufacturer of electrical equipment including 2 and 4-pole Turbogenerators, Power Management Systems, Transformers, Hawker Siddley Switchgear and Harrington Diesel Generators. A consultative partner, Brush offers specialist technical value to complex projects from the thousands of hours of product design, manufacture and support accrued in ours.
Charles Francis Brush formed both the BRUSH Electric Company in Cleveland, Ohio and also the Anglo-American BRUSH Electric Light Corporation in London, England, in 1879.
Today, the BRUSH name lives on in the BRUSH Electric companies in Loughborough, England (where manufacture was moved in 1889), Plzen in the Czech Republic and Ridderkerk in the Netherlands. BRUSH continues to supply high quality products to the electric power industries both on and offshore.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 07827 252299 email@example.com
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Design and Draughtsperson
- L3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
- L3 BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Practical observation - to assess the Apprentice’s application of skills within the Apprentice’s place of work or in a suitable environment away from the workplace (e.g. In a centre approved by the EPAO); Professional discussion - to holistically assess KSBs across the standard and will be informed by reflective portfolio
- Currently delivered one day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College
Engineering design and draughtsperson
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.