Business Administration Apprentice level 3 Britgrocer Ltd
Britgrocer are looking for a confident individual with excellent organisational skills to join their busy team based in County Durham. Britgrocer are a food & drink wholesalers and pride themselves in delivering the highest standard of work at all times. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
Closing date: 30 Jul 2022
£175.57 to £346.75
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36.50
Possible start date
25 Aug 2022
18 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
This post will provide support and carry out administrative duties in a busy office. The successful candidate will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgment in carrying out instructions under general supervision and lone working. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Answering of incoming telephone calls and dealing with queries where appropriate and possible. Delivery of messages and passing calls onto relevant colleagues.
- The data input to and interrogation of computer software ensuring all data is accurately recorded. We use Sage 50cloud for accounts, with a significant amount of processing via spreadsheet.
- To liaise with customers and suppliers dealing with their enquiries by telephone, email or WhatsApp.
- To liaise with freight agencies to book shipments and assist in completing export procedures.
- Receipt of invoices and statements from suppliers, matching against outstanding purchase orders, and entering on Sage P/L.
- Attend and contribute to staff weekly meetings via GoogleMeet, and regular Performance Reviews to enable effective delivery of performance targets and problem solving.
- To undertake personal development and training commensurate with the responsibilities of the job.
- Scanning and presenting of documents
- Postal duties
- Assisting with managing and developing systems
- Supporting the development of financial systems and procedures.
- Ensuring that information is processed within timescales set.
- Supporting in the production of financial reports.
- Implementation of quality processes.
- Receiving visitors and referring to appropriate colleagues.
- Diary management, arranging meetings and travel arrangements.
- Word processing, production of reports and preparation of presentation slides
- An element of purchasing to help cover holiday
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Pleasant and competent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT and typing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn and teach new systems/equipment
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Maintain high standard of work at all times
- Ability to use initiative when working independently or as part of a team
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- IT Literate as will be using Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc
- Experience of Sage an advantage, but training will be given
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to multi task
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook
- Grade C/4 GCSE in Maths and English or equivalent
- Excellent employment prospects may become available for the right person, leading to a permanent position upon completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment. Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships.
- Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship.
- For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview.
- Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
- Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
- The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
- Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.36 for anyone aged 21-22 and £8.91 for anyone aged 23 and over.
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Britgrocer is a Wholesales for food & drink distrobution World Wide.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Kaitlyn Potton 01642 333734 KE.Potton@mbro.ac.uk
Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
Day release class
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.