Apprentice IT Technician 3D SYSTEM SALES LIMITED
An established IT Business specialising in the sales and support of computer systems, custom built hardware and software products, are currently seeking a Technical Apprentice. Your role will include supporting the assembly and testing of computer servers and component parts, and to assist with website sales information updates for our online shop.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Sep 2017
31 Jan 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for an enthusiastic young person to work within a small team carrying out various tasks to help with the day to day delivery of service and parts to a wide range of customers. Hours of work will be Monday to Friday from 08:30 until 17:00 with a 1-hour lunch break.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Develop the skills to assemble and test computer servers and desktop systems
- Develop the skills to disassemble servers, desktops and systems
- Develop the skills to test component parts
- Ability to complete packing and prepare for shipping
- Ability to assist with stock control
- Ability to assist with eBay listings and keep the eBay store current
- Ability to assist with website information updates
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Open to learning
- Customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Positive attitude
- Excellent time management skills
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Things to consider
About the employer
3D SYSTEM SALES LIMITED
Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Guilford for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training. The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your Employer.
You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals.
The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Limited
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Sep 2017