L3 Customer service Apprenticeship Valley Medical Centre
You will be working in a busy medical centre helping and supporting other staff who currently work there. You will be customer facing so dealing with patients who need help and assistance.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2022
£187.59 to £370.50
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
14 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality. These may be one-off or routine contacts and include dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction. You may be the first point of contact and work in any sector or organisation type.
Your actions will influence the customer experience and their satisfaction with your organisation. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and behaviours as well as product and/or service knowledge when delivering to your customers. You provide service in line with the organisation’s customer service standards and strategy and within appropriate regulatory requirements. Your customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations and can include; face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media.
Requirements and prospects
- Use a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding in a way that builds rapport, determines customer needs and expectations and achieves positive engagement and delivery.
- Depending on your job role and work environment:
- Use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills, along with summarising language during face-to-face communications; and/or
- Use appropriate communication skills, along with reinforcement techniques (to confirm understanding) during non-facing customer interactions.
- Use an appropriate ‘tone of voice’ in all communications, including written and digital, that reflect the organisation’s brand.
- Provide clear explanations and offer options in order to help customers make choices that are mutually beneficial to both the customer and your organisation.
- Be able to organise yourself, prioritise your own workload/activity and work to meet deadlines.
Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Demonstrate patience and calmness.
- Show you understand the customer’s point of view.
- Use appropriate sign-posting or resolution to meet your customers needs and manage expectations.
- Maintain informative communication during service recovery.
- Aware of GDPR and confidentiality polices
- Follow all policies and procedures within the surgery
- Good telephone manner
- Can do attitude
- Team player
5 GCSE A-C or equivalent however not essential
Progression within the NHS and the surgery - and should you be successful further training and development
Things to consider
Working late evenings and sometimes difficult patients
About the employer
Valley Medical Centre is a long established GP surgery that is committed to preserve and enhance its good reputation by providing high quality medical services in a friendly, happy and healthy environment.
Valley Medical Centre
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dawn Hodge Associates Ltd
Jules Westbrook email@example.com
DHA will be the training provider who will deliver the qualification to you within your workplace. It is an apprenticeship so you will be earning whilst learning. You will have monthly meetings with your trainer who will deliver a blended learning approach and you will be asked to also complete functional skills too.
The qualification is over a 12 month timescale with 3 month end point assessment.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.