Administration and Customer Service Apprentice Nu'Swift International Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Nu Swift International as a Customer Service Administration Apprentice, undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
£175.57 to £346.75
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36.50
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
14 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- Liaise with field staff
- Producing letters
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Booking hotel accommodation for members of staff
- Maintain health & safety standards
- Collation of presentation folders
- Work co-operatively with other teams and partners to deliver services effectively
- Help out in times of need to ensure quality of service is met
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Dealing with stationery/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner. Clear verbal communication skills
- Must have a good level of literacy skills
- An IT qualification would be an advantage
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Good numeracy skills
- Confident in using email and the internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- An enthusiastic individual
- Must have a smart and professional appearance
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
Grade C/4 or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
An IT qualification is desirable
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification. There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Things to consider
Located in Elland Town Centre with good bus links. Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom.
If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact
Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on
Mobile Number: 07788390025
Apprenticeship Team: email@example.com
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work
About the employer
NU-SWIFT INTERNATIONAL is a company with an enviable reputation for the quality, reliability and efficiency of its fire extinguishing products, having over 70 years of experience in the Fire Protection industry.
Through our network of approved service engineers and trained fire protection consultants, we offer advice on all aspects of fire safety.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788390025 firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation.
Your core responsibility will be to provide a high- quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowledge knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
Your role and responsibility:
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working Equality – treating all customers as individuals
Presentation – dress code, professional language “Right first time” The company will release you to attend Kirklees College for your apprenticeship training; you will attend Kirklees College on a Wednesday.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.