Production/Health and Safety Apprentice BOTANIC LAB LTD
A small and rapidly growing company producing pioneering cold-pressed drink that have taken the market by storm in the last 2 years, selling in premium retail outlets like Harrods, Selfridges and Planet Organic. Botanic Lab is a leader in the cold-pressed juice market and is widely viewed as the most innovative brand in a rapidly evolving space.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
30 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The position is for an apprentice who will help in the production function of the factory and will be integrally involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes.
- Help ensure that production plans are optimal and achievable prior to being issued,
- Review the weekly plan prior to it's issue.
- Ensure Production is geared up to achieve that.
- Help monitor production efficiency.
- Produce performance information.
- Use down time and efficiency analysis to drive continuous improvement in the factory
- Help ensure that all technical procedures and policies are robustly adhered to in production and that all documentation is completed
- Help carry out technical GMP audits
- Help maintain high standards of safety within production and actively encourage a safe culture and help conduct regular safety audits and ensure that all production staff are aware of their legal safety responsibilities and health and safety policy
- Help to ensure that all production staff maintain high standards of hygiene and housekeeping, adapting a clean as you go philosophy
- Cleaning down machinery and work areas between products and at the end of the shift
- Help maintain the required food safety and HACCP files to a high standard and to work with the management team to prepare for upcoming audit inspections
- The aim would be for the apprentice to gain a level 2 food safety training and preferably Level 3 food safety certificate
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively;
- An organised approach to working, the ability to work in a logical and systematic manner;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- High accuracy and attention to detail;
- Mathematical ability, to work with figures and budgets;
- Computer literate and confident using computer packages such as spreadsheets and databases;
- The ability to grasp concepts easily and excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- We are looking for someone who is bright, can motivate and can gets things done.
- A good all round general education.
About the employer
Apprentice to gain a Level 2 Food Safety training and preferably Level 3 Food safety training certificate.
Food and Drink
STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by STRIVE TRAINING (LONDON) LIMITED
Before you apply
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017