Nursery Practitioner Apprentice Little Nightingales Day Nursery
This is a special opportunity to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours in the workplace while gaining a nationally recognised qualification. While working with us you will be expected to undertake a variety of duties subject to appropriate training and consistently adhere to the policies, procedures, and code of conduct set out by the setting
Closing date: 29 Jun 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Jun 2022
10 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- On a daily basis you will be expected to engage with the children through play and activities to ensure that the children are fully engaged throughout the day.
- You will need to be flexible in the role and carry out all tasks and duties as requested while supporting the other staff within the setting, this can include domestic tasks such as preparing snacks and cleaning equipment.
- You will be expected to maintain an excellent level of professionalism at all times and provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the children.
- You will need to be committed to your professional learning and development while completing your studies and apply the theoretical knowledge that you learn with your training provider to your practice in the setting.
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of Little Nightingales Day Nursery and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Working as part of a team.The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet children's individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping of development records and observations.
- Positive management of children's behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Supervision and effective mentoring of Nursery Assistants and Students.
- Providing a good role model for Nursery Assistants and Students and helping new staff to fit into the nursery.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes and, where appropriate, preparation of babies' bottles.
- Laundry duties.
- Attendance of staff meetings and twice yearly training as arranged by the Nursery Manager.
- Participating in regular parents evenings, publicity events, open weekends and children's outings.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Nursery Manager and Area Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- To demonstrate that you can read effectively and are able to communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and
- written standard English
- Relevant skills for working with groups of children aged 0-5 years
- Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
- A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Able to perform under stress
- A creative thinker
- To be dedicated to start a level 2 qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent
- To hold or be able to achieve English and mathematics GCSEs at level C or above
- Please note. if you alread have a level 2 in child care, you may be considered for a level 3; please still apply.
- Possibility of gaining a full time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
- Satisfactory DBS disclosure check required
About the employer
Little Nightingales is a small, friendly, home-from-home day nursery. We provide places for 40 children and are located in the lovely conservation area of London Colney with its traditional village sense of community. The nursery itself is a carefully converted 200-year-old cottage, where the layout reflects and retains its warm homely atmosphere.
We’re lucky enough to be within walking distance of the River Colne where our own Little Nightingales have great fun feeding the ducks at the same time as learning about, interacting with and experiencing nature. Willows Farm is a close neighbour and there are frequent visits for the children to learn about the animals. There’s rarely a dull moment at Little Nightingales, which means you take home a cheerful child, stimulated daily by new sights and sounds and eager to return the next day.
We warmly welcome children from 3 months to 5 years and by offering a range of different sessions and providing an all-inclusive package, we aim to make your life simpler by eliminating many of the day-to-day childcare stresses and concerns.
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Steph Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Learners must be aged 16 or over. We do not set any other entry requirements but employers may have their own guidelines at the recruitment stage.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for The Early Years Practitioner:
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce. This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.