Business Administration Apprentice Mtc
To work with the Executive PA to provide administration support across the business in a timely and efficient manner, whilst undertaking Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3.
Closing date: 03 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
07 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Apprentices will undertake placements across the business which will normally be 3-6 months in duration and will include opportunities to work in:
- Project management
- Human Resources
- Engineering Support
We are looking for an apprentice that will:
- Have the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues across the departments
- Be required to communicate at all levels of the business, including presenting on a regular basis to managers
- Be able to effectively communicate within the team assigned to as well as maintaining good links across the Business Admin Team
- Have the ability to work independently whilst maintaining contact with team and line manager, especially if working from home
When working in each placement the apprentice is:
- Expected to always question the way things are done in each department assigned to and not to be afraid to question
- Expected to make improvements in systems where able or make suggestions for improvements where applicable
Within the Business Admin Team encouragement is always given to lead the Business Admin Team in a specific event, eg on Team Building Events to encourage team members to undertake full arrangements and co-ordination, take a full part in the event, and lead the team where this is appropriate.
Requirements and prospects
Computer literate with good written and spoken communication skills. Proficient in software packages including Word,Excel and PowerPoint to user level. This includes the ability to give presentations and communicate one to one with staff and external stakeholders in abusiness manner.
Willing to learn and take on new challenges to help improve the business. Able to demonstrate and give examples of proactivity.
The ability to respond to changing priorities and handle a diverse workload.
We are looking for an apprentice who is hard-working and leads with humility, honesty and integrity in all that is done within the role. Being a team player plays a key role within this apprenticeship, whether being within the Business Admin Team or the department placement teamwork is important.
The apprentice should be confident in communicating with a wide variety of colleagues at all levels of the business, this will be to those at the same level and higher such as managers and above. Along with being able to communicate with others, we are looking for someone who has the ability to work independently but when needed, isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade A* - D (9-3) or equivalent including English and Maths.
Some work experience would be useful, although other relevant activities would be considered
This role may become permanent for the right candidate with lots of potential for future career progression and personal development. There may also be the opportunity to progress onto a more advanced level apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Things to consider
Please apply as soon as possible for this role. Should the right candidate be found prior to the closing date, then the vacancy may be closed early.
Apprenticeship Assessment and Information Session
Any new person applying for apprenticeship roles where Abingdon and Witney College deliver the training will be required to attend an Apprenticeship Assessment and Information Session at Witney or Abingdon campus.
This will consist of a series of initial assessments (required prior to any apprenticeship offer), completion of essential paperwork, the opportunity to find out more about the apprenticeship process, the training included, and a forum for your questions.
As a new Apprenticeship applicant you will only have to undergo this process once. If you would like to talk to us about the assessments or if you would need any extra support to attend the Apprenticeship Assessment and Information Session please call us on 01235 216216.
By applying for this vacancy you are giving Abingdon and Witney College permission to undertake a Learner Record Service check on your previous qualifications. We make every effort to ensure that applicants from non-traditional academic backgrounds or those who may not have the formal GCSE entry requirements can access apprenticeships where possible.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) was established in 2010 as an independent Research & Technology Organisation (RTO) with the objective of bridging the gap between academia and industry – often referred to as ‘the valley of death’.
It represents one of the largest public sector investments in UK manufacturing and, after four years of planning and a 16 month build, the facility opened at Ansty Park in Coventry at the end of 2011.
In December 2011, there were 16 industrial members, 44 staff and just a few key pieces of equipment in the ‘workshop’.
Over the following seven years the MTC’s rapid growth has seen the expansion of our campus with the construction of three more facilities, including the opening of the Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre and the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing.
Our role has also increased to cover not only R&D but also Training, Advanced Manufacturing Management and Factory Design.
We now have over 700 talented employees working with us.
During this time we have helped hundreds of companies across a range of industries and over 100 of them have become members of the MTC.
Additional location information
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Abingdon & Witney College
Rachitha Samarasinghe 01235216216 email@example.com
- This apprenticeship focuses on developing the sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail that is required for administrators and their companies to be successful. The role will involve working as part of a team and will include developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services.
- 15 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- 10 days college attendance to complete the Business Professionals course
- Approximately 12 workplace assessment visits per year from college assessor
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work
- Communication skills
- Presentation and interviewing skills
- Principles of marketing theory
- Enterprise and innovation
- Exceeding expectations
- Introduction to critical thinking
- Introduction to project management
- Managing change and stakeholder management
- Team role theory, team building and leadership
- Evaluation and feedback
- Functional skills if needed
After the training period, you will need to pass an End Point Assessment in order to successfully achieve your apprenticeship.
End Point Assessment includes:
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project/improvement presentation
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.