Apprentice Butcher FRANK RICHARDS & SONS (LEWES) LIMITED
An opportunity to join as an apprentice at a fantastic, family ran Butchers, established in 1934. Based in Lewes, they sell local free range meat as well as their own homemade pies, sausage rolls, cured bacon and sausages.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
02 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Butcher all species of meat
- Bone, roll, dice, slice meat
- Produce orders to customer specifications
- Meet time deadlines
- Make sausages and other value-added products
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and personal cleanliness
- Work as part of a team
- Communicate with other members of the team
- Be capable of the very best customer service
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills as a butcher
- Team player, able to follow direction and willingness to learn
- Good personal hygiene
- An interest in food and the completion of a task to a high standard
- Some manual dexterity
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Able to accept and use training
- GCSE's or equivalent grade 4/C or above in maths and English are helpful but not essential as support will be given in these subjects
- Yes on successful completion of their apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Based in Lewes, central location but if travelling will need to plan journey to be able to get to shop at 07:00
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff discounts
- Uniform & PPE provided
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Established on the 1st January 1934 by Francis (Frank) Henry Richards, our reputable family business has served customers for over 80 years and is run by Frank's grandson, Peter.
Situated in the historic county town of Lewes, East Sussex, we provide a valued and knowledgeable customer service to the local community.
Our reputation has been built upon supplying fresh, high quality meat sourced from good and where possible, local suppliers. All our meat is aged on the premises which ensures it is tender and full of flavour when cooked.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Plumpton College
Alice Hutchinson 01273 892127 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Butcher Apprenticeship Standard
This vacancy is an opportunity for an apprentice to learn butchery and the associated skills needed to be a modern butcher.
Apprentices must achieve Level 2 Food Safety Award, Level 2 Health & Safety in the Food Supply Chain Award, and Level 2 Knife Skills Award prior to taking the end-point assessment.
The apprenticeship is completed in partnership with Plumpton College’s highly regarded Butchery Apprenticeship Department, where the successful applicants will embark on a Level 2.
This Butchery Apprenticeship lasts between 12 and 18 months. The course includes all aspects of modern butchery together with additional qualifications in food hygiene and health and safety. The course concludes with an assessment in skills and knowledge before the apprenticeship qualification is awarded.
Apprentices spend 20% of their time being trained, mentored and taught in both the workplace and at college. Where necessary, the training includes helping students achieve competency in maths and English.
Here at Richards Butchers in Lewes, we enjoy a hardworking positive atmosphere where people come first. Our team, practice and maintain the highest personal and professional standards to ensure our business continues as a premier butchery outlet.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.