Apprentice Chef ANGELO'S OF APPLEBY LTD
You will learn all aspects of the operation of a commercial kitchen from top to bottom. You will be actively involved with prepping fresh food for creating end dishes and then making those dishes to meet orders from customers during serving hours.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
01 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepping ingredients for main food service during operating hours
- Making large batches of fresh pizza dough
- Making dishes to order during food service
Other responsibilities include the maintaining of hygiene standards of the kitchen:
- Keeping on top of the cleaning fridges and surfaces, cleaning equipment and utensils and using a stock rotation to ensure food safety is adhered to
- Not as exciting but as important if not more so than the key responsibilities above
Your daily tasks will change slightly to meet the ever-changing requirements of the restaurant on any given day.
General routine will be prepping of fresh ingredients for that day’s upcoming evening service, so the kitchen is prepared to make orders as they come in from customers.
Once the “kitchen prep” is completed you will be actively involved in making those orders from which ever kitchen station you are allocated at on that night (starters, pizzas, mains, desserts).
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
- We are looking to create a family kind of culture
- You will be working closely as part of a team and we will need you to be able to be personable and well as professional to help us create that dynamic between all members of staff
There are many routes available to you on completion of the apprenticeship. You can continue further to a higher level of apprenticeship to develop your skills further in a pro-active manner, seek full time employment in a variety of basic chef roles now that you have the basic skills under you belt. There may even be the possibility to take up full time employment at Angelo’s itself!
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Angelo's in a brand-new Italian restaurant in the small market town of Appleby-in-Westmorland. We are aiming for a nice cross-over of some well-known Italian cuisine mixed with solid traditional Italian food to satisfy the tastes of a variety of customers. Angelo's will have a huge emphasis on customer satisfaction and making the customer "experience" just as good as it can be, and the food we offer will be a big component of that.
ANGELO'S OF APPLEBY LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kendal College
James Brighurst email@example.com
Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.