Business Administration Apprentice Bodmin & Wenford Railway Plc
Bodmin and Wenford Railway are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team. This varied role will enable you to enhance your career, giving you valuable on-the-job experience whilst working towards an industry recognised qualification.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
25 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Work in a safe and proper manner with due regard for yourself, your work colleagues and the public
- Be polite, courteous and helpful to staff and customers alike at all times
- Work to BWR safe systems of work, the requirements of the company’s risk assessments and to any other instructions/procedures/policies that the Company may issue from time to time
Key Duties & Accountabilities:
- Assist the Commercial Department in the day-to-day business operations of the Railway
- Support the Marketing team with social media channels, regular content to increase brand awareness, attract new members and inform existing customers with newsletter
- Plan, Organise and Support Events for the Railway
- Understand and learn the financial way of working
- Be an ambassador for the business when out in the wider community
- Assist in the Retail shop when required
- Support the catering locations from time to time
- Daily Booking Office Duties
- Answer incoming calls, handle visitor enquiries, answer emails, build rapport with the customers
- Work with the other team members to provide a warm and welcoming office environment
- Provide support for the administrator when required
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly admin that may be required in busy periods
- Build relationships with our volunteer team
- Any other duties that may be required as necessary
Requirements and prospects
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage own time
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Able to use own initiative
- Problem solver
- Team player
5 GCSE's including English and Maths at grade 3/D or above or equivalents.
- Working with likeminded Businesses and Tourist Attractions.
- Full Time Employment with Bodmin and Wenford Railway
Things to consider
- Good transport link
- Parking onsite
About the employer
Thirty Years ago, we began running trains out of Bodmin General. Since then Bodmin & Wenford Railway has operated trains - principally steam, but with some heritage diesel services - over the 6½ miles between Bodmin Parkway and Boscarne Junction via Bodmin General. One of the country’s finest heritage railways, and Cornwall’s only full size (standard gauge) railway still regularly operated by steam locomotives, Bodmin & Wenford Railway is a great family attraction, taking visitors on a journey back in time and carrying more and more passengers each year. Registered charity The Bodmin & Wenford Railway Trust (298459) supports the preservation of our railway heritage for future generations.
As part of our business we have a commercial department which runs the railway as a Tourist Attraction. We have around 50k visitors coming to the station to ride on the trains, visit our busy catering outlets, spend in our retail shop as well as a busy events/admin team dealing with our events and ticketing systems.
We are now looking to recruit new team member to deliver a great visitor experience by supporting the day to day operations. We are open 7 days a week, so there is a need to work weekends on a rota basis and you may be required to cover some evenings when we hold events.
The role of Business Apprentice will be hands on, fun and fast paced. No two days are the same and the priority is ensuring our visitors have a great day out with us.
Bodmin & Wenford Railway Plc
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
- This apprenticeship consists of a mixture of off the job training and on the job mentoring and development within the workplace.
- You will be expected to attend regular college workshops and additional attendance if functional skills are required.
- This will be delivered at Cornwall College St Austell.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.