Gardening Apprentice Nicky Smith
Premier gardens are looking to welcome a ne member to their small team to provide professional services to residential and commercial clients.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Jun 2022
25 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working alongside experienced horticultural gardener to learn all aspects of the trade including:
- Discussing the plan for the day and week ahead
- Looking at resources (Equipment) and materials required
- Looking at seasonal status and tasks
- Listening carefully and implementing instructions provided by mentor
- Adhering to health and safety rules and regulations with Risk Assessments if required
- Garden maintenance, including weeding, planting, grass and hedge cutting, hard landscaping, etc.
- Removal of debris, cuttings and leaves, etc.
- Working a apart of a team within specified locations
Requirements and prospects
- Good team working skills
- Very good time-keeping
- Able to listen to and follow direction
- Use PPE when needed
- Physically fit and able to undertake physically demanding tasks
- Polite and friendly
- Understand the need to work in all weathers
- A genuine interest in horticulture
- GCSE grade 9-2 (A* - E) in English and maths or equivalent
- You will be required to attend one of our campuses if you do not have grades 9-4 in English and maths, to improve your current grade (if 2/3 or D/E)
- GCSE grade 3-9 (A – D) in English and maths or equivalent required to progress onto this apprenticeship. Evidence will be required prior to enrolment
- Full time employment
Things to consider
- This opportunity is open to all ages 16 years and over
- To be considered for an apprenticeship, you must state your maths and english qualifications
- You will be required to complete an initial assessment and diagnostic in maths and English
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers, hot and cold, carrying out physical tasks using the relevant tools and equipment
About the employer
Premier Gardens by Nicky have been operating for several years and have a solid client base in the North East of England. Travelling to the required locations to carry out services, our customers value the quality of our work and refer our services to friends, family and colleagues, to carry out all aspects of garden maintenance.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northumberland College
- Horticulture / Landscape Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.