Apprentice Nursery Nurse Headstart Nursery
Join the team to help with daily tasks within the nursery and make the first years for the children the best they can be.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Sep 2017
27 Jan 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Adhering to the Policies & Procedures of Crossharbour Montessori Nursery and compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted/CSIW and the National Standards. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery.
- Working as part of a team.
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet children's individual needs, liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
- Keeping of development records and observations.
- Positive management of children's behaviour.
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Supervision and effective mentoring of Nursery Assistants and Students.
- Providing a good role model for Nursery Assistants and Students and helping new staff to fit into the nursery.
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
- Supervision of meals and mealtimes and, where appropriate, preparation of babies' bottles.
- Laundry duties.
- Attendance of staff meetings as arranged by the Nursery Assistant Manager and Manager.
- Participating in regular parents' evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Deputy Nursery Manager, and Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to multitask
- Good social skills
- Hard working
GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English grade C or above.
About the employer
- Level 3 NVQ in Childcare
- Level 3 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017