Vehicle Damage Paint Technician L3 Apprentice The Standish Body Shop Limited
A Vehicle Damage Paint Technician works in the vehicle body repair sector of the motor industry. The role is to prepare, spray and finish vehicles that have been involved in collisions and other incidents in an efficient manner. The vehicles can include Cars/Light Commercial Vehicles.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2022
20 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice in Vehicle Body care, you will receive training and support throughout your qualification to complete every aspect of painting a vehicle from paint preparation, through to painting and polishing.
Your daily duties will include:
- Preparing paint spraying equipment
- Preparing the bodywork of the vehicle
- Mix paint by eye or using computer technology to ensure the best colour match
- Applying several coats to the car, including primers, colours, and protective finishes
- Solving paint application problems; defects, cause, and cures
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment
- Storing paints in the correct conditions
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
- As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new
- Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
- Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
- Create a safe environment working efficiently and reducing waste
- Demonstrate colour identification and select the correct materials such as primers, base coats and lacquers applied using spray equipment and utilising modern drying/curing techniques such as Ultraviolet (UV), Infrared and catalytic solutions used in the refinishing of vehicles
As an Apprentice, by the end of your qualification you will be able to:
- Understand the general principles of spray-painting technology, paint composition, paint mixing and the various methods of paint spraying vehicles
- Prepare vehicles fully before painting to include masking, sanding, and other necessary preparation work
- Are also responsible for keeping all company tools and equipment safe and in a clean, workable condition paying particular attention to the reduction of any fire hazards
As part of your course you will be expected to attend Bolton College 1 day per week for the duration of the apprenticeship.
Please ensure you can easily get to both the workplace and to college before applying.
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping skills is essential
- Good communication skills
- Experience working within a small team
If you believe that you have the passion and enthusiasm to get in to work within the Motor Vehicle industry, and also want to provide customers with an outstanding experience, then please apply.
- Great work ethic
- 'Can-do' attitude
- Showing initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions well
- Able to work efficiently while paying attention to detail
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Some experience working in the motor vehicle industry is desirable
Potential permanent employment upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please take some time to ensure you complete the application in full. This is the first impression an employer receives of you so make sure you have checked all spellings (and used Capital letters and punctuation correctly), it may be of benefit to use a word document and paste on to the application, thus making multiple applications easier.
Remember to include ALL of your qualifications and grades from school and any College/University you have attended. Whether you have achieved them, or they are predicted, especially your results in maths and English.
If you need any further assistance or information on this vacancy, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to quote the vacancy title.
Due to the high volumes of applications, we receive for some of our apprenticeship vacancies, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date, once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Bodyshop Standish is a BSI approved, reputable vehicle repair centre. We mainly specialise in car accident repairs, air conditioning repairs, and tyre and wheel repairs. We have been in this field for more than 40 years, and all of our staff members are qualified and trained to carry out the most complicated repair jobs for vehicles of most types. Contact us for more information. Our services are available for customers in Standish, Rochdale, Manchester, Liverpool, and surrounding areas.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
Andrew Hughes 01204 482954 email@example.com
Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.