Apprentice Dental Nurse Shephall Dental Surgery
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress into an exciting dental career in a busy dental practice which is looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to work alongside the dental team. You will work towards a Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 12 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
13 Jul 2022
13 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include assisting in the provision and delivery of dental care to patients, reception duties and decontamination/sterilising in the surgery.
In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
We are a friendly and well-established practice in Stevenage and are looking for someone to join our growing team.
As a dental nurse your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- The successful candidate must be reliable and organised
- Keen to learn
- Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a hardworking attitude
- They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work
- You must always be of a smart and professional appearance, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
GCSEs at grades C/4 and above or equivalent in maths and English.
An initial assessment for maths and English is also required.
Qualifications will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer.
There are good career progression opportunities for example: Hygienist & Practice Management and many other industry professions for the right person.
Things to consider
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
References may be requested from either previous employer or education provider.
Applicants should ideally live within a 5-mile radius of the practice and be flexible.
About the employer
We would like to extend a warm welcome to Shephall Dental Surgery. Patients of the practice are treated with empathy and care and our aim is to provide excellent dentistry for all in a warm and welcoming environment. All of the dental team are here to help you and make your visit to the practice as enjoyable and as stress free as possible. We offer dentistry both on the NHS or if you prefer, privately. We offer this because we believe and respect the choices you make. Cosmetic treatments however are not available on the NHS and can only be undertaken on a private basis.
Shephall Dental Surgery
ANDERSON STOCKLEY ACCREDITED TRAINING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Anderson Stockley Accredited Training Ltd
Henry Smith 01604 871340 Henry@asatraining.co.uk
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths, if required
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- First Aid at Work
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.