This post requires the ability to operate in a busy Administration office, providing first line quality service to students, staff and visitors. The type of person we are looking for is likely to possess infectious enthusiasm and be passionate about providing effective administrative support.
Business Administration Apprentice
Landau Forte College
Closing date: 25 Feb 2017
Mon - Thu 8am to 4.30pm, Fri 8am to 3.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Mar 2017
26 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly and supportive team, in a leading educational organisation at the cutting edge of educational development.
Duties will Include:
• Answering external enquiries to the College by phone
• Directing internal phone calls and emails within the College
• Making general phone calls to parents and carers as required
• Assisting on Reception, being the initial point of contact for all enquiries to the College in person
• Assisting in the ordering and distribution of stationery
• Duplicating, collating and distribution of information to parents/carers, staff, students and others
• Assisting in all administrative duties within the College in order to support staff
• Assisting with the preparations and occasionally attending Academy events, projects and functions
• Undertaking general clerical duties when directed, including regular photocopying and filing
• Being committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and following the safeguarding policy
Requirements and prospects
- Keyboard and computer skills - Use of electronic information systems, Microsoft packages (e.g. Outlook email, Word and Excel), SharePoint
- Customer Service Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail
- Work experience (paid or voluntary Desirable)
- Flexible and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Deal with confidential customer information and have an understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Able to work under pressure
- Good standard of general education to GCSE level (or equivalent) to include GCSE in English and Maths at Grade C or above
- IT qualification
There are strong progression routes within our company and we can offer you: A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours. Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Things to consider
From 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
About the employer
We are a highly successful and heavily oversubscribed 11 – 19 College with a strong record of success across all aspects of its work. In May 2014 we were accredited as a School Centre for Teacher Training by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. In February 2015 we were designated as a Teaching School and the College is a local, regional and national hub for professional development.
Training will involve working alongside the team within the different areas of the business, working under supervision.
Apprentices will work towards the following qualifications:
QCF Certificate in Business Administration Level 2
Functional Skills in Maths, English & IT Level 1
Employee Rights & Responsibilities
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Prostart
Lawrence Turton 0115 9468182 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Feb 2017