Sales/Customer Service Apprentice Special Metals Wiggin Ltd
Working as an apprentice in the Sales & Commercial department, providing first class Customer Service to customers, potential customers and other Company personnel on matters pertaining to sales orders and enquiries so as to provide the maximum service to customers and value to the Company consistent with Company policy.
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Feb 2022
3 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Enter and check customers’ orders in total or in part, obtaining further specialist assistance if necessary
- Process changes to open orders, waivers, shipping information and cancellations
- Provide order status information on request and expedite if necessary
- Process enquiries and prepare quotations seeking specialist help, if necessary, on material selection, availability and pricing
- Obtain feedback from customers and potential customers regarding competition pricing, lead times and enquiry status
- Ownership of RFQ follow up activity, management of open quotes and updating logs of actual and planned activity
- Prepare and keep special records and reports as required
- Assist the department manager in discharging all functions of the group’s work and assume responsibility for them in the absence of the manager as required
Requirements and prospects
- IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Word, and Excel
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team worker – able to build relationships
- Customer focused – delivers goals
- Approachable-personable manner
- Ability to self-manage, work on own initiative under minimum supervision
- Honesty and integrity
- Flexible and professional approach to scope of role
- Ensure full compliance with current audit/control rules
- Able to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Demonstrate ability to carry out administration and management of processes
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
The possibility of a full-time post upon completing the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This position is right next door to HGTA.
This role is based within a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will need to be motivated and keen to learn
About the employer
Special Metals is owned by Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), which is a global conglomerate operating in more than a dozen countries that manufactures complex metal components and products, high-quality investment castings, forgings and fastener systems for power generation, aerospace, space exploration, military and other mission-critical applications
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Hayley Grismond 01432377010 email@example.com
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release as and when required at our Training Centre at Holmer Road, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills in maths, and English (if required)
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
At the end of your training period, you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year,
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.