Finance Apprentice Special Metals Wiggin Ltd
Support the finance team in reconciling, preparing and analysing data in the provision of our finance requirements to both internal and external stakeholders. Provide assistance with the internal control environment to help maintain compliant SOX processes that complement SMW business requirements and drive good business practices.
Closing date: 25 May 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 May 2022
13 Jan 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Perform daily cash function and ensure system reflects latest bank activity
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Month-end and quarter-end closing to trial balance, and submission of results through Division consolidation software
- Calculation and analysis to create and post journal entries for inventory, accruals, prepayments, sales and payroll
- Perform inter-company transaction reconciliations and balance agreements
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform SOX tests, or support the testers for the area of control
- Prepare schedules for Financial Quarterly Review pack
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecasts/budgets
- Prepare foreign currency hedging forecasts
- Prepare weekly management reports
- Respond to any ad-hoc queries from Division and Corporate as required
- Control capital expenditure projects
- Assist preparation of company statutory accounts and tax returns
- Support team in automation of finance tasks using Microsoft Office and other reporting tools
- Work with the rest of Finance team to ensure adherence to statutory and PCC reporting deadlines
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate, MS Office particularly Word and Excel
- Ensure full compliance with current audit/control rules
- Demonstrate ability to carry out administration and management of processes
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team worker - able to build relationships
- Customer focused - delivers goals
- Approachable-personable manner
- Ability to self-manage, work on own initiative under minimum supervision
- Honesty and integrity
- Flexible and professional approach to scope of role
GCSE A-C/8-4 in English and maths or equivalent grades.
The possibility of a full-time post upon completing the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This position is right next door to HGTA.
This role is based within a fast paced environment, the successful candidate will need to be motivated and keen to learn.
About the employer
Special Metals is owned by Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), which is a global conglomerate operating in more than a dozen countries that manufactures complex metal components and products, high-quality investment castings, forgings and fastener systems for power generation, aerospace, space exploration, military and other mission-critical applications
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Hayley Grismond 01432377010 firstname.lastname@example.org
Intermediate Accounts or Finance Assistant Standard.
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with weekly training delivered in classroom and alternative online sessions at our Training Centre at Holmer Road, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills maths, English (if required)
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
At the end of your training period you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year.
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.