Software Developer Level 4 Apprenticeship Digital Trading Creative
As a Back End, full stack Developer, your main responsibility is the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web applications. You will be required to work on the back end alongside our dedicated back-end developers to ensure smooth integration of the builds.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Feb 2022
5 days ago
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
- Providing accurate time estimates on work
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the Technical Director
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to requirements
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of market developments
As an apprentice you will be working towards achieving the required standard in all the following software disciplines:
- Standards-compliant HTML5, XHTML, CSS3 development skills
- Drive for delivering the best UX possible
- Experience in using infographics effectively
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience with backend languages including C#, PHP and SQL
- Working with frameworks .net, .net core and Linux
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Good understanding of web accessibility and usability
- Understanding and implementation of responsive design, and the advantages and disadvantages of responsive versus a mobile design
Full training will be given and you will have full access to all our highly experienced team.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience working with version control systems such as GitLab and TFS
- Experience in developing using the following from end frameworks DNN, WordPress, Vue and React
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A logical thinker and problem solver
- Good team player
- Maths and English GCSE grade C/4 or above or equivalents
- Grade 4 or above in a Computing subject at A level or Level 3 Software Technician
- A passion for coding
Permanent role if business allows.
Things to consider
- During the Covid all our staff have worked from home. We are looking for to return to the office from September for 2 days per week
- Life insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- You will need to complete pre-screening paperwork and have a chat with New College to discuss any experience, interest in the apprenticeship and how it is delivered
- You will need to complete initial assessments in maths and English
- By submitting your application, you confirm that you are happy for New College Swindon to share your information with the employer as part of the application process
About the employer
We are a web development company based in Highworth, near Swindon.
Established in 2008 we have a huge amount or experience and work with companies such as Oxford University, NHS, Sega as well as lots of entrepreneurs.
The web projects we work on are all bespoke and there is a huge variety to what we do.
- Software Development
- Web Development
- App Development
- Hardware Integration
NEW COLLEGE SWINDON
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Kirsty Bain 07595 201840 firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Developer Level 4 Standard
On the job training will be delivered by the Employer and Apprenticeship delivery will be with New College and will consist of the following elements:
- Knowledge Module 1: Software Development Methodologies (for Level 4 Software Development Apprenticeship) - BCS Systems Development Essentials
Knowledge Module 2: Software Language (for Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship)
- Technical Competencies
- Technical Knowledge and Understanding
- Underpinning Skills, Attitudes and Behaviours
* A relaxation/proxy will apply if the candidate has relevant acceptable qualifications at the acceptable level/grade.
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.