Business Administrator level 3 Apprenticeship Pulse Power And Measurement Limited
To ensure that customers are given a high level of customer service from general enquiry to delivery and after sales service. To provide support to Business Development Managers. In this role you will develop skills and experience in: Sales/Customer Service, Logistics/Stock monitoring.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
14 Feb 2022
07 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
You won’t be responsible for selling, but you will get completely involved in the sale: from the initial enquiry; supporting the Business Development Manager; right through to the shipping of the product.
The role is very varied and you will be carrying out a wide range of administrative duties associated with selling, importing and exporting product.
Training and support will be provided by your work colleagues as well as various in-house and external learning and development events. We are Gold standard Investors in People which means we ensure that you have great job satisfaction and develop your skills with the business.
- Provide excellent service by collecting relevant information from a customer relating to their enquiry
- Provide customers with information on quotes, orders and enquiries, particularly on the phone, in conjunction with Business Development Manager
- Process customer orders
- Acknowledge customer orders
- Invoice customer shipments
- Ship product to customers
- Send out samples
- Process customer repairs and returns
- Order, ship and track demonstration orders
- Maintain an accurate and up to date CRM database - clean the database by telephone contact with customers
- Support marketing activities
- Answer the phone and take messages
- Open and distribute the post
- Other tasks that may be needed to support the business
Requirements and prospects
- Customer Focus – You are the friendly voice for the customer preferring to phone the customer rather than email, striving to understand and meet their needs
- Keeping Commitments – You demonstrate a can-do attitude, keeping customers and Business Development Managers up to date with how you are progressing customer issues
- Team Focus – You put the needs of the team first, before your own needs and drive to achieve the goals of the department
- Efficient time management with ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent Excel, Word skills
- Warm outgoing personality
- Enthusiastic about customers and their needs
- Willing to learn new things
- The confidence to ask questions and say “sorry I don’t know, but I know who to ask”
Maths and English GCSE grades A-C or 9-4, or achieved Functional Skills level 2 pass in both.
Progression to customer support coordinator and may apply for other positions after 2 years.
Things to consider
DBS required- company will organise
All applicants will need to:
- Have a pre-screen chat with New College
- Complete the necessary paperwork required by the college to assess your suitability
- Complete initial assessments in maths and English
By submitting your application you are confirming you are happy for New College Swindon to share your information with the employer as part of the process.
About the employer
Pulse Power and Measurement (PPM) has 25 years of experience in developing, manufacturing and distributing a wide range of systems for satellite ground stations, outside TV broadcast, aerospace and defence applications as well as being a specialist distributor of components, systems and software for power electronics, high voltage and pulsed power applications.
NEW COLLEGE SWINDON
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Kirsty Bain 07595 201840 firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Administration Level 3 Standard
On the job training will be delivered by the Employer and Apprenticeship delivery will be with New College and will consist of the following elements:
- Diploma in Business Administration Level 3
On Programme Assessment
- Portfolio of evidence
- Technical knowledge and understanding
- Assessment of behaviours and skills
- Technical Competencies
- Knowledge Test
- Project Presentation
- Portfolio-based Interview
* A relaxation/proxy will apply if the candidate has achieved relevant qualifications at the acceptable level/grade
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.