Early Years Apprentice Little Acorns
Opportunity for an Early years apprentice at small rural pre school with 18 children registered (ages 20 months to 4 years). Duties will include supporting the children to learn whilst at nursery, helping set up and clear away activities, ensuring the children are aware of good hygiene (e.g. hand washing) and assisting with snack time.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Jun 2022
06 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Assisting the current staff to greet the children
- Settle them to an activity
- Read stories, play, be creative, follow the child’s lead
- Support with personal care (after training is given and DBS clearance)
- Help to prepare snack (children bring packed lunch but will need some support opening packets, and making sensible choices)
- Playing with children, and supporting them as they have ideas
- Cleaning up spills and accidents, and keeping the setting hygienically clean
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to listen to the children, take your time, and value what they say
- Reasonable handwriting as some notes need to be taken (not lots), a little confidence to speak with parents, but you will not be left alone to do this
- Caring outlook
- Sense of humour
Ideally GCSE maths and English grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent. Applicants without this will be considered but will need to undertake a functional skills programme at Yeovil College as part of their training.
Possibility of a full time job on successful completion of the apprenticeship programme. Little Acorns is expanding and there should be a job opportunity at the end of the training, although this may be part-time.
Things to consider
Little Acorns is situated in Evershot village hall, DT2 0JY (approx. 10 miles from Yeovil). There is no suitable public transport so own transport or a very committed driver/lift will be needed.We spend some time outdoors every day, you will need a good coat, waterproofs and wellies.
You will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
You will need to undergo some safeguarding training.
You will need a packed lunch, it is a pretty village, but limited for ‘lunch shopping!’
About the employer
Little Acorns is small rural pre school, based in the picturesque village of Evershot. It is based in the village hall, and is sometimes required to be a ‘pack away’ setting. We have a large garden, with real mud and grass.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Emma King firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator.
- Apprentices must successfully complete the Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) Or complete a first aid course delivered by one of the following types of organisations as per the EYFS requirements. Voluntary aid society, member of trade body with an approval and monitoring system, or acknowledged by the Health and Safety Executive
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.