Level 2 Passenger Assistant Apprenticeship Community Transport Calderdale Ltd
Assist passengers travelling on CTC services, ensuring their safety, comfort and dignity. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
20 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Assist passengers boarding and alighting vehicles including operating the tail-lift and pushing and securing wheelchairs
- Support passengers who need help with kerbs and stairs, including assisting into home where needed
- Ensure passengers are wearing seatbelts. Carry and secure mobility equipment and luggage
- Communicate kindly and effectively with all passengers, including those with hearing difficulties, learning difficulties or cognitive difficulties such as dementia.
- Comply with all Covid precautions and infection control procedures as per current CTC policies (which will change over time). This may include wearing PPE, cleaning procedures and social distancing
- Ensure passengers comply with any Covid measures which apply to their journey, such as wearing masks and social distancing
- Record all necessary monitoring and other information for each journey
- Respond professionally to requests for transport and home support from Coordinators
Requirements and prospects
- Able to communicate clearly in English
- Able to write clearly in English to complete monitoring forms
- Helpful, kind disposition
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of groups and individuals
- Good timekeeping. Reliable, trustworthy, empathetic, caring
- A-C / 8-4 grades in maths and English or equivalent
- To be discussed on completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
Community Transport Calderdale provides transport for local people who cannot access alternatives due to disability, ill-health, poverty or exclusion.
Community Transport Calderdale Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Calderdale College
Madeline Oxby 07974 587 441 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.