ATA Apprentice Sales and Administration Assistant - St Albans AL4 (LS) EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
We are currently looking to recruit a Sales Office apprentice in our FS Cables Office. We are looking for a customer-focused and committed apprentice with a can-do attitude to join Sales Office and support the team with order processing, customer service, sales enquiries and proactive account management.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2022
£200.00 - £334.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
16 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Shoal Group are based in Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire (Cablecraft), St Albans, Hertfordshire (FS Cables), Wotton-under-edge, Gloucestershire (Specialist Wiring Accessories ‘SWA’) with a Group Manufacturing facility in Plymouth. The Company is a leading distributor of high quality flexible and specialist cables, cable management, identification, termination, fastenings, fixings and tools for the electrical and construction industries representing own and market-leading brands (with wide-ranging approvals) that supply into UK OEMs, Panel Builders, Electrical and Rail Contractors and into Electrical and Industrial Wholesalers as well as successfully selling into Export markets.
Shoal Group generates annual revenues >£40.0m; the Group employs >200 team members and is itself part of Diploma PLC, an international group of businesses supplying specialised technical products and services into the Life Sciences, Seals and Controls industries. The Group employs >2,000 employees, and its principal operating businesses are located in the UK, Germany, US, Canada and Australia. Diploma PLC is FTSE 250 listed, revenues of ca.£780m.
Our people are our most valuable asset, and their wellbeing and development is of paramount importance to us, as are sustainable long term partnerships with our customers and suppliers. We are committed to doing business the right way whilst reducing our environmental impact and improving our ecological performance. It's a smarter direction for everyone.
Although not exhaustive, the key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Handling inbound sales calls proficiently, quoting customers via email and phone
- Supporting the sales team with outbound call support to pro-actively drive sales revenue
- Processing customer orders onto our in-house ERP system efficiently and accurately
- Making outbound calls to customers to resolve any issues or for clarification of information relating to their account/order
- Daily clear down of the Sales Inbox
- Organising and coordinating collections and deliveries
- Carrying out customer service follow up calls
- Handle customer queries and complaints either over the phone or via email
- Liaising with couriers on delivery issues and customer complaints
- Ensuring the customer information is kept up to date
- Coordinating with other departments such as sales colleagues, warehouse despatch and accounts
- Scanning and filing of orders and other documentation onto our in-house system
- Provide general administration, including handling general enquiries over the phone or over email
- Assisting other team members with orders and helping other departments when the need arises
- Supporting the Sales Department with catalogue requests and follow up calls along with new customer follow up calls
- Follow company’s Quality Management and Health & Safety guidelines
- Other reasonable tasks as requested by the Senior Management team
What would make you a good candidate for this role?
- Self-motivated and, most importantly, has a can-do attitude
- Keen to learn and achieve high standards
- High level of attention to detail
- Some previous experience in a customer-facing role would be beneficial; this does not need to be in an office environment it could be within retail or hospitality
- Good understanding and experience working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and comfortable working with numbers
- Assertive and unafraid to ask questions in order to support own learning and pick up the phone to customers
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Ideally, at least a C grade or equivalent in GCSE Maths and English (if this is not the case, functional skills exams will need to be carried out as part of the apprenticeship)
Requirements and prospects
- Confident on the telephone
- Good maths and English skills
- Confident with people
- Team player
- Organised and work on own initiative
- Can follow procedures
- Willing to learn
- Hardworking team player who is self-motivated
- Should be well presented and operate in a clean and tidy manner
- Smart appearance
- Very good communicator
English and maths GCSE A*-C/9-4 or equivalent.
Possible full-time employment on successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Please check the location and your commute before applying. Please ensure that you have spell checked your application and your answers are completed to the best of your ability.
About the employer
An Apprentice Training Agency who will employ the Apprentice on behalf of this Electrical Branch. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading company.
EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Additional location information
EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by EDA LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
louise Sugars 07721239936 firstname.lastname@example.org
Completing a Business Admin Qualification Lv3 consisting of the following components:
- Competence / Knowledge qualification in Business Administration at Level 3
- Functional Skills - Maths, English and IT
- End Point Assessment - final test, observation and discussion
The vocational and academic training aspects are separated and delivered by separate teams. The vocational training and assessment is conducted, more often than not, on site according to the employers wishes. Notice of dates is agreed well in advance of a site visit. Training and assessment is conducted both on and off the job, according to the needs of the course and the learner. Every effort is made to ensure the best result is achieved by the learner.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.